Jump to content
IGNORED

FS: Analogue products


Recommended Posts

I want to sell my Super NT, Mega SG, and Pocket, Pocket accessories. Would prefer them to go to someone who will actually use them. Will sell them for fair market price. I can send pics/videos of the consoles in action. Can do local pick up if you live in Minnesota, otherwise I am willing to ship, if buyer pays. Everything is in used but good condition, the Pocket is white.

 

Basically just need cash for bills. Love the consoles but I don't play them enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Yep, potential buyer sends an offer of $1.    Seller counters with $10,000.  Y'all keep going back n' forth until you meet an agreeable number.

 

 

He said fair market, 1$  is not it … maybe 10-20% below new or whereabouts looks like a potential starting point. 
Given some are discontinued and other sold out (at least for now) maybe more.

 

I checked myself on Analogue shop for the Pocket the OP listed … but I would regret it, heck I am mad at Nintendo for not having a screen less, unportable version of the Switch. Mine has been docked for a year (since purchase) , it’s even wired for Internet, and I would have taken a discount in exchange of no portability and no screen, I feel the same about the Pocket.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

 

 

I checked myself on Analogue shop for the Pocket the OP listed … but I would regret it, heck I am mad at Nintendo for not having a screen less, unportable version of the Switch. Mine has been docked for a year (since purchase) , it’s even wired for Internet, and I would have taken a discount in exchange of no portability and no screen, I feel the same about the Pocket.

I'm the complete opposite. I'd have been more than happy with a Switch Lite-esque unit that was full size, oled, and had split pad pro type form factor controls. Switch is 100% a portable games machine for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jesusc said:

I'm the complete opposite. I'd have been more than happy with a Switch Lite-esque unit that was full size, oled, and had split pad pro type form factor controls. Switch is 100% a portable games machine for me. 

What’s missing on the lite?
At least you have the option, I would be happy if there was an UnSwitch, small box, no battery, no screen, no separated dock etc… I mean NVidia already almost makes it as the NVidia Jetson Nano.

 

On the same vein I would buy a hdmi only no screen Pocket, say we call it OutOfPocket … I just don’t play portables, my gb/gbc/gba-micro/ds/3ds/ngpc all ended the same way, collecting dust unexpectedly quickly (3ds fared better, wish it was the xl/ll version) … took me a while to realize the format just doesn’t do it for me, I am that thick headed.

Edited by phoenixdownita
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

He said fair market, 1$  is not it … maybe 10-20% below new or whereabouts looks like a potential starting point. 
Given some are discontinued and other sold out (at least for now) maybe more.

 

I checked myself on Analogue shop for the Pocket the OP listed … but I would regret it, heck I am mad at Nintendo for not having a screen less, unportable version of the Switch. Mine has been docked for a year (since purchase) , it’s even wired for Internet, and I would have taken a discount in exchange of no portability and no screen, I feel the same about the Pocket.

There is an issue with the concept of fair market when it comes to analogue products.  If they're no longer sold at all, then it gets into some asinine figures depending on availability at the moment of sale/completion (under auction.)

 

But in the case of stuff that's in-out of stock, if you try it during in, and I mean POCKET and its pieces you'll get some unwitting dumbfucks who don't check the site and they'll pay 50-100% the MSRP when they didn't have to, but if it truly is out, then it's going to be probably double or a bit worse because FOMO fools.  The counter to that, Analogue loves extortionate level shipping, I think it's partly a handling charge and just don't want to write it like Goodwill does and gets heat over.  SO when a system may cost $210(pocket) it likely is more like $250 for the unit before taxes.  In that case if you saw a Pocket on ebay, here, whatever and someone asked $250 you're breaking basically even so ...a win?

 

Not that he has the Duo, but they're not very popular given the poor choices they made probalby due to ego inflation, so you won't see for now those going after market over the real price like the Nintendo and Sega branded stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Size and comfortable grips!

Belee it or not, the text in some games is unreadable on the Lite. When it first launched I sold my Switch and picked up a Lite. I was incredibly disappointed and ended up going back to a regular Switch and then Oled. Split pad pros (and compact verion) are a godsend. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

There is an issue with the concept of fair market when it comes to analogue products.  If they're no longer sold at all, then it gets into some asinine figures depending on availability at the moment of sale/completion (under auction.)

 

But in the case of stuff that's in-out of stock, if you try it during in, and I mean POCKET and its pieces you'll get some unwitting dumbfucks who don't check the site and they'll pay 50-100% the MSRP when they didn't have to, but if it truly is out, then it's going to be probably double or a bit worse because FOMO fools.  The counter to that, Analogue loves extortionate level shipping, I think it's partly a handling charge and just don't want to write it like Goodwill does and gets heat over.  SO when a system may cost $210(pocket) it likely is more like $250 for the unit before taxes.  In that case if you saw a Pocket on ebay, here, whatever and someone asked $250 you're breaking basically even so ...a win?

 

Not that he has the Duo, but they're not very popular given the poor choices they made probalby due to ego inflation, so you won't see for now those going after market over the real price like the Nintendo and Sega branded stuff.

Fair but if he wants top money eBay is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Not that he has the Duo, but they're not very popular given the poor choices they made probalby due to ego inflation, so you won't see for now those going after market over the real price like the Nintendo and Sega branded stuff.

What poor choices were those?

 

I got the duo at launch (2 actually, sad story) but I haven't even opened the darn thing and haven't really paid attention to any chatter around it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

What poor choices were those?

 

I got the duo at launch (2 actually, sad story) but I haven't even opened the darn thing and haven't really paid attention to any chatter around it.

Well I saw a series of early complaints about it when using third party devices from the era or more modern.  The slot is so snug and shaped externally speaking from the shell of the system that over thick HuCard type tools won't fit.  That would be older stuff, really Japanese stuff so a niche complaint, won't take.  And the everdrive unless you leave the component board bare removing the plate/shield over the top wont' fit either.  Initially it wouldn't even read many of those as it just couldn't in the FPGA core software handle the device.  Keep in mind, that was when there was no jailbreak, so anyone who was avoiding the stupid greed market and largely used an everdrive to play lost access to their library other than taking the top off their console, removing the front plate, cutting the plate open(which I don't think anyone was that dumb to do I hope), or using a bare ED if it would work which was more than likely not happening.

 

The over thick board thing I didn't read too deep into on legit game side of things, but I'd think that would only impact Populous and Street Fighter II CE since they have double fat bases to half the hucard for the added chips/battery.  It was other devices like the storage tools, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My complaints: I went with the white option thinking it would resemble the white of the original PCE. NOPE! It's a gross yellowish off white that resembles an NES in the early process of discoloration. The CD drive feels and sounds cheap. I've never been a fan of auto loading CD mechanisms. They scratch the discs and eventually stop working. It would have cost Analogue a few more bucks in tooling, but I'd much have preferred a pop top. However, the major issue with the CD drive is that when you eject the disc, so little of the disc pops out that you basically have to grab it by pinching the top and bottom with your fingers to pull it out, as opposed to grabbing it by the edge crab claw like. I've managed to keep my games in like new fashion all these years, that would no longer be the case if I used them in the AD. 

 

The TG-16 was the second system I owned, preceded by the Master System, and so I was really looking forward to having the ability to play my old games on a system that wasn't 30 years old. It's my luck that the one system I wanted the most was the one Analogue did the worst job with, lol. 

Edited by jesusc
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2024 at 11:05 AM, jesusc said:

My complaints: I went with the white option thinking it would resemble the white of the original PCE. NOPE! It's a gross yellowish off white that resembles an NES in the early process of discoloration. The CD drive feels and sounds cheap. I've never been a fan of auto loading CD mechanisms. They scratch the discs and eventually stop working. It would have cost Analogue a few more bucks in tooling, but I'd much have preferred a pop top. However, the major issue with the CD drive is that when you eject the disc, so little of the disc pops out that you basically have to grab it by pinching the top and bottom with your fingers to pull it out, as opposed to grabbing it by the edge crab claw like. I've managed to keep my games in like new fashion all these years, that would no longer be the case if I used them in the AD. 

 

The TG-16 was the second system I owned, preceded by the Master System, and so I was really looking forward to having the ability to play my old games on a system that wasn't 30 years old. It's my luck that the one system I wanted the most was the one Analogue did the worst job with, lol. 

One more thing you could add to that... the value of the 'white' one has plummeted.  No need to pre-order, could have picked up what I pre-ordered for half the price this week...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Lost Monkey said:

One more thing you could add to that... the value of the 'white' one has plummeted.  No need to pre-order, could have picked up what I pre-ordered for half the price this week...

??

on the website both colors Duo are 249 … what’s half price?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

??

on the website both colors Duo are 249 … what’s half price?

Look at the completed sales on eBay.   When you factor in the exchange, the shipping they charged and the fact that I had to pay a customs bill when I received it, this listing (which also includes 2 controllers):

 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/116208311627?itmmeta=01J09PTBDNPTD2SKWM690BAFPC&hash=item1b0e8e1d4b:g:tKgAAOSwo49mWXtu&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwDaojDLugNMc%2F%2BGG6ze9ykHRL%2BCV23vDQRmsVRHZrXp%2FfhW%2Fe5tx0iBNYzm41mjaEdS60tDyCxdN%2FUHPpJuiRPbPvTFIXV5i5O5qjILQi%2FxQ2Kc8SapwN6ms25XXixiTPLx9ArljQpE%2BrFN%2FnB9820MdryH1tQUhZR60KtJZx6TFn0GVXUTrRuh5DWAndz1gkUOAvPDeT40lUzquCWZSMKLlW8%2FpvpXHsdo8Wmo6JYjwod77qHeoGEGnhAcws5cNzw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_K26baCZA

 

works out to be about half what I paid.

Edited by Lost Monkey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got the Analogue DUO. It is the only Analogue product I've purchased. I do like that it can play both normal HuCards and the CD games with modern hardware. But, it is correct that it requires you to remove any covers you have on your Everdrives to get them to fit. Even then, it only seems to work with the v1x Everdrives and their cheaper Aliexpress clones, or the latest Turbo ED Pro version. I've got a Turbo ED 2.5 and it will not load at all in the DUO. Posts about this from Krikzz stated it is an issue that Analogue would need to fix on their end and not something he can or will fix with a FW update. So that kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

 

There is a jailbreak FW you can load up that will let you play the games and CD games from the SD slot. But Every single CD game I've played will eventually do this strange thing where the audio starts to get skippy and then the entire game just locks up. Usually sometime after about 20min in of playing a game. 

 

So I my A DUO back in its box put away and still have my actual JPN TurboDUO still connected and just still play from it for now.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...