IGNORED

TI-99/4A PARAPRINT by Databiotics Question.

Hello everyone, I just picked this up yesterday for my collection. Never seen it before but I knew I had to have it. 

Does anyone know where I can get the necessary cable for it, and what is the side hole on it for? Also, any idea on value for curiosity sake? 

Thanks in advance!

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-09 at 6.56.35 PM.jpeg

The cable is the standard DataBioTics parallel cable used by all of their utility modules with a built-in parallel port. The hole is for the power supply, IIRC. I will have to dig out my manual to be sure.

2 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

The cable is the standard DataBioTics parallel cable used by all of their utility modules with a built-in parallel port. The hole is for the power supply, IIRC. I will have to dig out my manual to be sure.

Hi, thanks for that. If I plug in the cartridge without the power supply would it even work, or should I not do that? 

24 minutes ago, INTVCruise said:

Hi, thanks for that. If I plug in the cartridge without the power supply would it even work, or should I not do that? 

I'm not sure on that, as I haven't used mine in a few years. The CorComp PIO Plus also has the power supply input jack (I found my PIO Plus cartridge when I wend downstairs to look for the Paraprint package).

• Like 1

And just in case anyone needs to know, apparently the PIO Plus power supply is 9VDC. I didn't think to look to see whether tip or ring was positive, but I will look at that again tomorrow. Still no luck on finding my Paraprint. . .and Turtles and I were comparing it to the PIO Plus a few months ago, so I know it isn't deeply hidden.