IGNORED

Hordes of new reviews...

Cousin Vinnie

If you have never checked out the reviews over at Cousin Vinnie's Atari 7800 Panoramic Froo-Froo, no would be as good a time as any...Granny Vinnie has just recentlt done reviews on Fatal Run, Realsports Baseball, and today she did Fight Night. Crossbow will have the reviews for Ms. Pac-Man and Xenophobe as well.

Froo-Froo: http://www.bigfishusa.com/7800

You can also vote in the Atari 7800 Game Ranking Machine, vote in polls, and read Cousin Vinnie Quirky Top Ten...It's groove-a-licious!!!

Cousin Vinnie

Good page!

The only problem is that there's nothing telling you which ones have actually been done. I had to click on 4 pictures, coming up empty, before I found one that actually had a review.

Is there opportunity for rebuttal or a period of public comment on those reviews? Even though Vinnie is dead-on accurate with some of those reviews, the boat has been missed and is long over the horizon on a few others.

I agree with utamav91 about it being a good page, about some reviews being dead-on, and about some being WAAY off, an area for criticism and praise would be great! I also found that many of the reviews lead to nowhere...Shouldn't the reviews be completed before putting up a graphic with the option to go to that non-existant review? It became very annoying for me, especially when the reviews that weren't there were the ones I wanted to read the most, and was upset to see...nothing (this wouldn't have occurred had there not been the option to go to nowhere).

Actually if you look on the first page that comes up after clicking on the reviews option...it tells you which ones are done and which are not.

I agree in that Vinnie probably should have put the pics in there until he had the reviews actually all completed but I can only imagine he did that first to insure the layout would fit well.

As for feedback on the reviews, I have suggested to him to make links at the bottom with emails so that very thing is possible.

It is really up to him from here.

On the very front review page, there is a list of games that have completed reviews. Crossbow was right, I did that just to see if the layout would work. I'm actualy in the process of making several quick overviews for the games without reviews, and then those would be eliminated when either Granny or Crossbow submits a review.

For now, you can debate the reviews here. I check the Atari Age 7800 board about every other day. I'm curious to see the ones you like and the ones you disagree with.

Cousin Vinnie

Vinnie,

I got Ms. Pac-Man and Dig Dug done...

I gonna work on Xeno and probably something quick like Asteroids...

But you know me...I can make any review last a million pages...hehe..

Anyway, that is the update. I will send all four once done.

Oh, you are awesome...I'd hate to review those games!

Hey, do you like Ace of Aces? I personally hate it, and I would like it done so the first link wouldn't be broken. I thin kI asked you that before...I think all 7800 simulator games are carp...and you do to, I think oh, well. I can't get off the friggin ground on half of them.

Doing Ballblazer this week, along with Mean 18, Winter Games, and Desert Falcon.

Love Ya

Cousin Vinnie

Vinnie the only simulator game I have physically for the 7800 is F-18 Hornet. Which if I did the review...I would be ripping it a new one. I actually prefer Tomcat over F-18...as the flight mechanics are a little more realistic. But I lost my copy of that one long ago.

I would review them in Emulation...except that they currently aren't very playable in emulation...

Mess doesn't have the difficulty switches emulated yet which are required for Tomcat. As for Ace of Aces...that one just locks up on me after awhile so I haven't figured that one out either. Until I actually own those two again, I really can't review them currently. I can do F-18 and may do that next after I get these next ones done.

and BTW...your most welcome!

heheh...

After looking at this and seeing my signature again. Perhaps, I should change it to:

-^Cro§Bow^-

Champinon Knight to Granny Vinnie

Cousin Vinnie's Panamoramic Froo-Froo

hehe...hmm..doesn't have quite the ring to it though.