IGNORED

To buy or not to buy.

Anthonyjherrera

Well, I have a choice of either a Wonderswan Color or a Lynx. I'm not sure which one to get cause each system has its ups and its downs.

WSC Pros

The WSC is still in production, has great games, very small and power efficient. Since its in only japanese it would help me out in my japanese studies. And its exrtemely cool looking.

WSC Cons

Its only a japan, which meens only games in japanese besides the few Digimon games which are in english (and who in the hell wants to play digimon). Lack of d-pad might make some games hard to play.

Lynx Pros

Good graphics, great games, backlight, very big to fit my big hands.

Lynx Cons

Huge (makes the Game Gear looks small), eats up batterys, is no longer in production

So uh... which one do you think I should get, they both cost the same. Can anyone tell me the good games on the lynx.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: TheBrassMonkey ]

Honestly, I'd go with the Lynx. While the Lynx has its fair share of bad games (many of the later releases come to mind---Batman Returns....UGH!!), it does have some awesome arcade translations like Robotron, Ms. Pac-Man, Joust, Xybots, Rygar, Asteroids/Missile Command, to name a few, as well as some really cool original titles like Blue Lightning, Viking Child, Switchblade II, and Zarlor Mercenary.

As for Wonderswan, take into consideration that it isn't readily avallable in the U.S. while Lynx games are easier to find via pawn shops, flea markets, and online stores. You'll be doing a lot of importing to buy games/accessories and you'll pay through the nose for the excessive shipping charges. Aside from games like Final Fantasy, the Wonderswan really doesn't have anything interesting when it comes to its game library.

No, you won't find any Digimon or Pokemon games for the Lynx, but I consider that to be a good thing! If you enjoy playing Atari games, then you won't regret getting a Lynx. Emulate a few games on Handy to get a feel for how the games are.

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

Aside from games like Final Fantasy, the Wonderswan really doesn't have anything interesting when it comes to its game library.

Ah... thats where your wrong, the WSC has these great games

Romancing Saga

Blue Wing Blitz

Guilty Gear petite 1&2

Mister Driller

Gunpey EX

Pocket Fighter

Final Fantasty 1&2

Tekken Card Battle

Wild Card

and thats all I can come up with off the top of my head.

But... the Lynx is going to have CyberVirus and Distant Lands which both look to comepletely kick ass. But I just cant stand back lights, I like to play my handhelds outside and you cant see a backlit screen outside very well.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: TheBrassMonkey ]