IGNORED

Weird issue with game save for Block'em Sock'em

I have a couple of 7800s and I was testing the various 7800s that I have when I realized that one of them is corrupting my game saves on both the game drive and my Atarivox. I have no idea why that is, but I switched back to another 7800 and had no issues. The "bad" 7800 had corrupted my game save on Block'em Sock'em. I wanted to get rid of the scores for that game and start over. I found out that it is saving the scores in the high score ram file. I made a back up of this file and deleted it from the game drive. Block 'em Sock 'em is working correctly now, but I was wondering if there is a way to just delete the high score from that game on my back up file because I had some good scores on other games that I would like to preserve. 

On original games you can load an original game like "asteroids" wait 20 seconds or so and then when the scores pop up you can press pause and select to get to a menu to delete the scores for that game, all games, or the personalization. I tried that method on Block 'em Sock 'em, but it didn't work. Any ideas on how to delete scores for specific games? Thanks in advance. 

That's interesting. I *think* there are some tools which let you view the contents of the save device and manage them, unless I'm getting confused with the Jaguar. People more familiar with game dev on the 7800 will likely know.

On 6/13/2024 at 11:04 PM, SainT said:

That's interesting. I *think* there are some tools which let you view the contents of the save device and manage them, unless I'm getting confused with the Jaguar. People more familiar with game dev on the 7800 will likely know.

I figured out that the game itself has a delete save from within the game. I didn't look close enough the first time I checked out the options menu. I would call this one user error. The 7800GD is an amazing piece of tech!

• Like 1