IGNORED

IDE Drive Disk/File Manager like DISKODEX

rgjt

Is there a good IDE drive Disk/File Manager that will catalog all files including subdirectories on IDE drives or partitions like DISKODEX does?

DISKODEX is a great tool but it only allows DSK1 to DSK9 devices unless I am missing something with that program.

Currently I use DM2K with the Ctrl P to print a directory to a designated file.

I then have to repeat the same thing for every subdirectory and then merge each directory file into a one CATALOG file. A bit tedious and slow.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by rgjt
additonal note

Well I did release the source code to my Diskodex program. Thanks for liking it.

Someone could upgrade the program now to handle other types of devices.

At some point I might do it myself, including the Myarc hdfc floppy format that allows for 3 subdirectories on a 3.5 floppy as well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Well I did release the source code to my Diskodex program. Thanks for liking it.

Someone could upgrade the program now to handle other types of devices.

At some point I might do it myself, including the Myarc hdfc floppy format that allows for 3 subdirectories on a 3.5 floppy as well.

Where is the source, maybe I'll take a stab it it.

5 hours ago, Shift838 said:

Where is the source, maybe I'll take a stab it it.

That would be great Chris. Diskodex is such a great tool for the regular DSK devices. Now for IDE drives, that would be something else.
Device routine programming is way above my knowledge, as such many of use rely on the gurus on this forum in keeping the TI active and very usable. 

1 hour ago, rgjt said:

That would be great Chris. Diskodex is such a great tool for the regular DSK devices. Now for IDE drives, that would be something else.
Device routine programming is way above my knowledge, as such many of use rely on the gurus on this forum in keeping the TI active and very usable. 

I don't have an IDE, but I do have a SCSI so I can when I do look at doing an upgrade be able to test it out scanning my SCSI devices, and Syquest cartridges.

The source code also documents the format of both data files the Diskodex program makes, so any upgrade should be able to expand on that and be compatible with existing databases.

We will see what Chris does, and if he needs any help I can lend a hand for sure.

As for my schedule I have added it to my long Todo list, so many things to polish off this year, but we will get there two bytes at a time.

Edited by Gary from OPA
two bytes as we are 16bit CPU
  • Like 1