IGNORED

Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

New Zelda game actually starring as the heroine, Zelda! Now she has to save Hyrule and a lost Link.  Done in a similar style to the "Link's Awakening" remake.

The big ability/gimmick is the ability to create "echoes" (clones) of various objects and creatures to solve environmental puzzles and/or do combat (throw an echo or pull a clone war with echoes of the baddies you've encountered).

As folks have mentioned in the video comments, maybe this should be called "Legend of Link"?

Looking forward to this.

I don't know about anyone else, but it reminds me a bit of what Captain Toad was to Super Mario Bros. Yet instead of not being able to jump, this time there's no sword.

I just hope that the weird game performance issues of Link's Awakening HD don't strike again. While it didn't drag the game down for me, the frequent frame rate issues regularly were reminding me that the game ran much unlike your typical Nintendo release.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 10:05 PM, Atariboy said:

Looking forward to this.

I don't know about anyone else, but it reminds me a bit of what Captain Toad was to Super Mario Bros. Yet instead of not being able to jump, this time there's no sword.

I just hope that the weird game performance issues of Link's Awakening HD don't strike again. While it didn't drag the game down for me, the frequent frame rate issues regularly were reminding me that the game ran much unlike your typical Nintendo release.

By your post, I'm guessing Nintendo probably didn't release a patch to fix that performance issue, correct?

1 hour ago, Gamemoose said:

By your post, I'm guessing Nintendo probably didn't release a patch to fix that performance issue, correct?

Yeah, they never did. I played though it about three years after the game's 2019 release and performance was quite poor at that time.

So I'm sure that they haven't fixed it since then.

The swamp area? Yeah, that seemed to be a major trigger for frame rate drops.

It really didn't bother me, either. I thoroughly enjoyed the remake, but at the same time I don't like being regularly reminded of technical blemishes. Even though I brushed them off and didn't let the issue drag the game down for me, I was noticing it regularly.

That and the forced analog stick controls were both head scratchers (easily fixed on my 8BitDo Pro 2, with me playing the entire game with the d-pad for movement). Hopefully neither one reappears here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atariboy said:

That and the forced analog stick controls were both head scratchers

Yes, I hate that as well, but it's unfortunately very common in Nintendo's "big" games, like Metroid Dread for instance, even if it features a 2D gameplay as well. And it's pretty certain it will be the same for that Echoes of Wisdom, since you can already see on screenshots that the d-pad will be used to choose items.

On 6/23/2024 at 6:07 AM, roots.genoa said:

Yes, I hate that as well, but it's unfortunately very common in Nintendo's "big" games, like Metroid Dread for instance, even if it features a 2D gameplay as well. And it's pretty certain it will be the same for that Echoes of Wisdom, since you can already see on screenshots that the d-pad will be used to choose items.

I wish they would bring back the gamepad controls.