Jump to content
IGNORED

Compute! Magazine


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, pjduplooy said:

 

 

Ciro, are those all the TI related pages in all the magazine issues?  Or do you miss some?

 

 

Oh no, it's dozens and dozens of publications, these are just a small part of a few issues that I worked on restoring the pages devoted to ti99 but of that single issue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, pjduplooy said:

Thanks guys for all the info.  I have a bit of a holiday coming up.  Brushing up on typing in TI progs LOL

if you type in anything interesting let us know.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought several years ago the complete Compute! collection on CDROM from Ebay. Doesn't look like it's available anymore. I have it copied to a micro SD card on my Android tablet for easy access anytime :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2024 at 6:21 AM, Vorticon said:

I bought several years ago the complete Compute! collection on CDROM from Ebay. Doesn't look like it's available anymore. I have it copied to a micro SD card on my Android tablet for easy access anytime :)

I can imagine Ziff-Davis had some words about this.  It bought COMPUTE! back in the mid-2010s as part of its acquisition of another publishing company.  I am not sure how COMPUTE! got there from ABC.  At the same time, it seems silly to aggressively enforce copyright on a magazine which has been out of print forever; even a license deal of $1.00 per year should satisfy the protection requirements.

 

By the way: did you guys know that Archive.org has a DMCA exclusion which must be renewed every three years?  My reading of 1201(a)(1) is that this regulatory rule-making process is explicitly allowed by Congress in the DMCA and would not fall afoul of the recent over-turning of "Chevron (1984.)"  This is an exemption which should be made permanent, even extended appropriately to private endeavors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I can imagine Ziff-Davis had some words about this.  It bought COMPUTE! back in the mid-2010s as part of its acquisition of another publishing company.  I am not sure how COMPUTE! got there from ABC.  At the same time, it seems silly to aggressively enforce copyright on a magazine which has been out of print forever; even a license deal of $1.00 per year should satisfy the protection requirements.

The age old question of the value of obsolescence... Who knows, they might want to publish a compendium for the retrocomputing crowd :) 

I also have all the issues of Byte in digital form through 1986, but imagine if it got republished as a series of yearly volumes in current times... Hell I would jump on it faster than you can say hello!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vorticon said:

The age old question of the value of obsolescence... Who knows, they might want to publish a compendium for the retrocomputing crowd :) 

I also have all the issues of Byte in digital form through 1986, but imagine if it got republished as a series of yearly volumes in current times... Hell I would jump on it faster than you can say hello!

You know, if all these magazine publishers would produce a back-catalogue collection, like Shout Factory and Mill Creek is doing with old shows on DVD, I bet they could make a good amount of money on it.  Or, maybe they could just break even and do it for the fans :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...