IGNORED

New versions Ti99Dir 10.2a and Ti99Hdx 11.1a

Ti99Dir 10.2a

When playing with Ti99Dir and the Quick view option I found that sometimes the recognition if MyArt files was wrong and also just checking for _S for TiArtist slides is just to simple ... this can also be a source file of some sort. Version Ti99Dir version 10.2a now has a better check for recognizing  MyArt 512x212 pixel files and TiArtist font, instance and slide files. Also added an option for creating an empty HFE floppy image and added an option for converting V9T9 DSK images to HFE images. For these HFE options you need to install the Lotharek HxC2001 tools because Ti99Dir is using the hxcfe.exe of this. To select the location of external programs that Ti99Dir uses (Irfanview and hxcfe.exe) I have added browse button's to the "Configuration" dialog box.

Ti99Hdx 11.1a

I have added an buttonbar for Ti99Hdx with for buttons; Clear window, Copy text, Connect and Disconnect. Sometimes (well ... always) my Quad USB to RS232 converter refuses to initialize properly after starting my laptop and when I start Ti99Hdx I get the message "Can't open serial port <COMx:>". After disconnecting and connecting the Quad USB to RS232 converter (6, 7 ,8 ,9, 10 times) the COM ports are there and I have to go via the options menu to the "Communication configuration" options to reselect the correct COM-port. This annoyance is not necessary anymore ... just click the "Connect" button on the button bar to re-open the com-port. The never released version of Ti99Hdx 10.1a got the option for reading and writing IDE (WDS/SCS) HD images. Needed this option for my ten year TiBus project. This feature is not fully tested though but functions good enough for the things I needed to do for TiBus (and is the same code as used for the Teensy 3.5 TiBus mass storage device). I similar option was later added to one of the previous Ti99Dir releases by the way.

enjoy 🙂

ti99dir102a.zip ti99hdx11a.zip

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

On 7/6/2024 at 6:24 AM, F.G. Kaal said:

Ti99Dir 10.2a

When playing with Ti99Dir and the Quick view option I found that sometimes the recognition if MyArt files was wrong and also just checking for _S for TiArtist slides is just to simple ...

Thank you Fred!  Life with a TI would be very difficult without your tools.

• Like 5

On 7/8/2024 at 12:06 PM, MikeV said:

Thank you Fred!  Life with a TI would be very difficult without your tools.

Agreed. Must have tools to make interfacing between the TI and a PC especially when combined with the TI99HDX modified TI RS232 hardware card (PHP1220) upgrade.

• Like 1