IGNORED

The Official ZX Spectrum Thread I guess

On 7/8/2024 at 5:29 PM, r_chase said:

I kinda started this thread because the previous threads were kinda dead in the water.

Anyhow, let start this off with this book I got from Amazon. What do y'all think?

20240708_171147.jpg

Looks like a winner.  Definitely having a book that helps one really dive into BASIC on the Speccy across various models sounds great.  Hopefully it proves to be very useful and informative.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2024 at 1:43 PM, Hwlngmad said:

Looks like a winner.  Definitely having a book that helps one really dive into BASIC on the Speccy across various models sounds great.  Hopefully it proves to be very useful and informative.

Yeah...even better is the fact that this one talks about a variant of BASIC that can be compiled into something like a TAP image and all that good shite.

• Like 1

Okay, so long story short, I probably am gonna make a text adventure/interactive fiction ting in Lantern. I remember talking about Lantern in a previous thread, but didn't think about actually using it.

However, I might have to seek advice on creating concepts and how to implement them among other things. That might mean taking a break from learning programming languages for a bit unless if I want to start on a something arcadey or maybe even a Manic Miner clone. That being said, I might start with Space Invaders in BASIC later.

Edited by r_chase
Missing words.