IGNORED

Crazy Climber Complete in box should be rarity 9?

smile_walle

all the rarity's here are for the cartridge. in general, it is always harder to find the manual than the game and even harder to find the box. in some instances, it is much much harder (like track & field or chase the chuckwagon), in others, you almost always find the game with the box (like telegames games). however, the rarity of the game does not change no matter how rare the box is.

• 4 weeks later...

ive been at this a long time. at least since 1996. i understand where you all are coming from. Complete Boxed games are rarer. But saying a boxed Crazy Climber should be a 9 where a cart only should be an 8 makes little sense. most all boxed games would be rarer than the cart only counterparts. if you had a quadrun which is a 9 or 10 i think 10. then if you get it boxed what would that make it. i think in all honesty you cant go and change a titles rarity cause of the box. are a rarity of 8 game boxed worth more than a cart only yes , but that goes for all games. and would cancel the rarity out.

yes, this topic is kind of irritating. Rarity doesn't change for a cart no matter what else is included. You might as well just ignore the rarity guide on atariage and all other guides if you think that the number of games changes based on what's included. At this rate, we are headed straight into why I despise other hobbies such as grading baseball cards and comic book grading. That shit just makes me sick. If I see it in this hobby, I'll fucking puke. Just be happy with your pretty games in boxes or whatever and be happy for fucks sake!

yes, this topic is kind of irritating.  Rarity doesn't change for a cart no matter what else is included.  You might as well just ignore the rarity guide on atariage and all other guides if you think that the number of games changes based on what's included.  At this rate, we are headed straight into why I despise other hobbies such as grading baseball cards and comic book grading.  That shit just makes me sick.  If I see it in this hobby, I'll fucking puke.  Just be happy with your pretty games in boxes or whatever and be happy for fucks sake!

Collecting loose carts is like collecting cars without chassis. :ponder:

:P :D ;)

canoworms.jpg

yes, this topic is kind of irritating.  Rarity doesn't change for a cart no matter what else is included.  You might as well just ignore the rarity guide on atariage and all other guides if you think that the number of games changes based on what's included.  At this rate, we are headed straight into why I despise other hobbies such as grading baseball cards and comic book grading.  That shit just makes me sick.  If I see it in this hobby, I'll fucking puke.  Just be happy with your pretty games in boxes or whatever and be happy for fucks sake!

Nope, you're wrong b/c the cart still functions without the box, the car doesn't without the chassis.

Nope, you're wrong b/c the cart still functions without the box, the car doesn't without the chassis.

You're right, I meant bodies, I thought it was the same. :dunce:

yes, this topic is kind of irritating.  Rarity doesn't change for a cart no matter what else is included.  You might as well just ignore the rarity guide on atariage and all other guides if you think that the number of games changes based on what's included.  At this rate, we are headed straight into why I despise other hobbies such as grading baseball cards and comic book grading.

Kinda ironic that if you had a pack of 1952 Topps today, the cards inside might actually be worth LESS if they had been damaged by the packaging and the gum. Even when I was buying cards in the 80's and early 90's, that damn cardboard tough as nails gum could just RUIN an otherwise valuable card completely with a big ugly stain.

I view boxes as a "bonus extra" myself. If I got the cart and it works, hey I got another game. If I got a box, I can at least see the cool box artwork and how they packaged it to display on a store shelf. Would I pay extra for a box? Sometimes. But if it makes a price difference of more than $100 for a rare game, I'd just as soon do without it.