IGNORED

Let there be more Atari in the logo.

CPUWIZ

Just now, Fred_M said:

It looks amazing! Please tell us how to do this mod 👍

Thanks, I'll post exact instructions and the LED specification later, I am kind of busy with a soldering iron at the moment. :ponder:

• Like 3

Ok, here you go, remove the 2 screws, pop the cap and replace the LED.  The Anode (longer leg) goes to RED.

Old LED below, mine was installed incorrectly from the factory, they clamped the legs instead of the 5mm dome.  The clamp is designed to hold the dome in place and center it properly.

IMG_7940.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Ok, here you go, remove the 2 screws, pop the cap and replace the LED.  The Anode (longer leg) goes to RED.

Old LED below, mine was installed incorrectly from the factory, they clamped the legs instead of the 5mm dome.  The clamp is designed to hold the dome in place and center it properly.

IMG_7940.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

Thanks! I was hoping it would be just replacing the LED 😃 This is an easy job, ordering the led now 😁

It looks like my LED was fitted correctly.

led2600.thumb.jpg.70cd7f975d54811fe31736a338110842.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@CPUWIZ That was the first thing I did within 30min of opening my 2600+. I have a bunch of slow changing RGBs and just swapped it right in and been using it that way ever since.

GMTA :D 

17 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

IMG_7940.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

Too cool for school. Ordered!

Thanks for sharing.👍

On 8/27/2024 at 12:19 PM, CPUWIZ said:

IMG_7940.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

Thank you @CPUWIZ 😃

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tradyblix said:

So uh.... thinking about doing this when I repace the slot board. 

Where can I get the correct color changing LED from ? 

From any (web) store that sells electronic components. Just do an online search for color changing LED 3v. It will cost less than a dollar.

I can give you the link to the store I bought it from, but it is in The Netherlands so it will probably not help you 😉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fred_M said:

From any (web) store that sells electronic components. Just do an onle search for color changing LED 3v. It will cost less than a dollar.

I can give you the link to the store I bought it from, but it is in The Netherlands so it will probably not help you 😉

Thanks for the info I'll be ordering mine also. Can't wait til the 2600+ arrives.