IGNORED

Buried Buck$...finally found!

boygio76

Good morning everyone! Today I would like to talk about a title that is very dear to me and that I played a lot on my trusty Atari 800 XL starting in 1985. It was in this year that my father bought me the pirated cassette in an electronics store, a cassette with a white cover with the name of the game written with a dot matrix printer, tape that is now lost.
The game in question was (and is) Buried Bucks by ANALOG Software from 1982.
I have always wanted to buy it again in its original form but it is a truly rare piece that only after decades I managed to find complete. All ANALOG games are rare anyway, in the next few days I will post another one.
In Buried Bucks you have to use an helicopter with the aim of reaching hidden underground deposits of money, using bullets in the ground to dig increasingly deeper holes to reach the money. As the levels advance, the difficulties increase, such as enemies from above, underground rocks that make it more difficult to reach the money, underground water deposits and so on, making the gameplay increasingly difficult but exciting.
Who has played and knows this game? If you have never played it I strongly recommend you do so!!

buried.jpg

buried1.jpg

buried3.jpg

buried2.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@boygio76Would you consider scanning the box and manual? If yes and are not familiar with scanning stuff, just let me know and I can help you out. Some of us here are trying to archive all the Atari 8-bit computer software and adding Buried Bucks to the archive would be great.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Allan said:

@boygio76Would you consider scanning the box and manual? If yes and are not familiar with scanning stuff, just let me know and I can help you out. Some of us here are trying to archive all the Atari 8-bit computer software and adding Buried Bucks to the archive would be great.

Hi Allan!

I have been collaborating with Atarimania for many years, I sent many scans of various rare games like Captain Cosmo, Trivia Quest, all the Wizardsoft game (I have to sent others) and I am in contact with Franck Palusci to send these of Buried Bucks also. Of course I will!

Anyway send me also your email or contact to keep in touch!

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, boygio76 said:

Hi Allan!

I have been collaborating with Atarimania for many years, I sent many scans of various rare games like Captain Cosmo, Trivia Quest, all the Wizardsoft game (I have to sent others) and I am in contact with Franck Palusci to send these of Buried Bucks also. Of course I will!

Anyway send me also your email or contact to keep in touch!

I sent you an Atariage.com private message with my email in it.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Larry said:

Didn't Tom Hudson also write a similar game that was published in Analog?

Tom was a regular contributor to Analog computing. 

Adventure at Vandenberg AFB

Bacterion!

Bopotron!

Buried Bucks

Crash Dive!

Fill'er Up!

Fill'er Up! II

Fire Bug

Harvey Wallbanger

High Seas

Livewire!

Planetary Defense