IGNORED

Looking for Games in New England

Videology

Sorry it's not closer, but there's a place in Chicopee,Mass that has about 7 or 8 new Lynx games...I think he wants $10 each.

Nothing special that I remember. Mostly common Lynx games.

If you want a list them here for ya.

-Rick

I live in Massachusetts and I can tell you firsthand that finding Atari stuff is RARE. The best I've done was find some stuff at a Funcoland in Nashua, NH. They had about 10 loose 2600 carts, some Intellivision and SMS games as well. Other than that, it appears that all the smelly Salvation Army/Goodwill stores have been tapped, the pawn and thrift shops have just N64 crap.

Ebay is one of the few saviors for us New Englanders!

Thanks Guys! If you can give me a name and address or better yet, a phone number, that would be great! I'll let you guys know anything I find as well! I found a place in New Jersey that some stuff. At last count, he said he had about 14 or 15 titles for about $5 each. I'm just waiting to hear back from him. I can send his phone number to you if you want. In Rhode Island, a place called Luke's had some loose stuff, but someone out west contacted him for everything last week...

I would ask if you guys are interested in trading, but I only have a Lynx I (in mint condition) bought in December of 1989 with one game (NINJA GAIDEN). It went into storage before the summer of 1990 (I joined the military). I recently took it out of storage and after blowing off the dust; I still think it is one of the best (if not the best) handheld game systems out there!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to reply Videology.

I finally made it to The Video Game Castle in Chicopee,Mass I was talking about.

Here's the 8 Lynx games he has:

Chips Challange

Bill + Ted's Adventure

Super Sweek

Dirty Larry

Rampart

BoboSquash

Bikini Vollyball

Ishido

All are in the box sealed for $10.

Not sure if he'll mail order, but here's his

phone number and address:

Video Game Castle

40 Center St.

Chicopee, Mass 01013

413-289-1599

Good Luck!

ohhh I might pick up Ishido, as it's the only one he has that i don't own....

-Rick

come on its not so bad here in new england, there are lots of games if you know where to look, lynx- bob's video games fall river MA, not too far from RI at all.

all of you need to get on my mailing list for the new england trademeets. we cover all the classic systems. the next one is in june here in boston.

Hey fellow NewEnglanders: E-mail me if you all want to make plans to get together to lynx up! Think I will check out this New England trademeets that christianscott talked about.

The best thing about Birthday money is my wife can only be so mad for so long when I spend it on me not her! My Lynx collection has grown thanks to ebay and Mike in New Jersey: We will have to overlook that he's specializing in Mets and Yankees though...

Collector's Cards and Games

PO Box 861

Englishtown, NJ 07726

(732)792-8430

Visit his web page at: www.collectorscardsandgames.com

Video games and systems from Pong to Playstation and everything in between

Baseball cards & collectibles - specializing in Mets and Yankees

cards/oddball items

PS... Only Joking about the wife... She helped me pick stuff out on Ebay and made me get a Lynx system for her as well so she could Lynx with me! THANK-YOU JOAN!!!

That's funny my wife has bought half of the games in my Lynx collection..

Her Favorite's Klax and Rygar!

I still play it the most....

She's still ticked off that I beat

Rygar before she did....

It's been so long I forgot how that game ended... time to break the Lynx out again...

-Rick

Ohh thanks for the web link!

I just came back from http://www.collectorscardsandgames.com/

that's awesome!! he has 5 games i don't have yet! Gonna add them in the next few weeks.

here's the one's i'm gonna order.

Crystal Mines II

Pit Fighter

Power Factor

Switchblade II

Tournament Cyberball

Great place to order from, huh?

fast and trustworthy?

hey zeptari,

where in mass? you gotta come to the next trademeet, we've got something for everyone, not to mention the free beer.the website is starting to come together and the next meet will hopefully be the best yet. lastly we are the reason you never find any games around here, there are at least 30 of us out there scooping them up.

christianscott27@aol.com

quote:

Great place to order from, huh? fast and trustworthy?

Zeptari: So far Mike over at Collector's Cards and Games as no complaints from me! I'm hoping to have my shipment tonight or tomorrow. I'll post once I get my stuff and let you all know. He's been a big help and good to work with so far. Nothing like you described the guy from your source.

christianscott27@aol.com - I'm waiting on about 5 different shipments. Once I get all together and make sure it is all working I'll answer your email questions for the mail listing...

I have to agree that finding any games in this area is close to impossible.

The only thing for the 2600 I found recently was a missle commmand and combat.

I was up in norhtern maine over the weekend and there was close to nothing. the only games a found were 4 sega genesis sports games. I'm not a big sports game fan, so i did not pick them up.

The salvation army/goodwills are dry. I haven't seen a 2600/5200/7800 game in one of those stores in a long long time.

If those of us on this board from NE haven't found anything at the thrifts is it that someone else is scooping up these games or is it there are none being donated?

I personally think that at this time most people have either already donated the stuff and we

(those of us in NE who collect)

have picked it up or they have been thrown out .

I think we have sucked the thrifts dry.

I think yard sales are going to be the best place at this time.

Hey it's almost spring (starts tomorrow)--not that you can tell by the weather,

forcast is for snow north of boston tomorrow,

but it's almost yard sale time.

good luck to all of us in our hunt for games.

I think we're gonna need it.

quote:

Originally posted by Zeptari:

I just came back from

that's awesome!! he has 5 games i don't have yet! Gonna add them in the next few weeks.

here's the one's i'm gonna order.

Crystal Mines II

Pit Fighter

Power Factor

Switchblade II

Tournament Cyberball

Great place to order from, huh?

fast and trustworthy?

I liked Switchblade II in particular. Some say its repetitive, but its classic side scrolling action done exceptionally well on the Lynx.

quote:

Originally posted by bangles66:

I have to agree that finding any games in this area is close to impossible.

The only thing for the 2600 I found recently was a missle commmand and combat.

I was up in norhtern maine over the weekend and there was close to nothing. the only games a found were 4 sega genesis sports games. I'm not a big sports game fan, so i did not pick them up.

The salvation army/goodwills are dry. I haven't seen a 2600/5200/7800 game in one of those stores in a long long time.

If those of us on this board from NE haven't found anything at the thrifts is it that someone else is scooping up these games or is it there are none being donated?

I personally think that at this time most people have either already donated the stuff and we

(those of us in NE who collect)

have picked it up or they have been thrown out .

I think we have sucked the thrifts dry.

I think yard sales are going to be the best place at this time.

Hey it's almost spring (starts tomorrow)--not that you can tell by the weather,

forcast is for snow north of boston tomorrow,

but it's almost yard sale time.

good luck to all of us in our hunt for games.

I think we're gonna need it.

Which Goodwill store in NH have you been to? I go to NH on occassion since I live in Massachusetts and I'll usually stop at the Goodwill in Concord NH. Yes, it is rather dry, but I did find a complete working TG16 system there for $4.99.

Good find on the TG16 last time I was at that store they had only a couple of genesis games.

I go to all the thrifts.

nashua

salem

londonderry

concord

and anywhere the road takes me.

I like to drive so on weekends my wife and I like to go on drives and we'll pick a destination or just head out and see where we end up.

there is a salvation army not to far from that goodwill on Storrs st near Ames, just go back toward 93 go beyond 93 take a left on main st and then a left to get to storrs st. they had a bunch of nes and super nes games at about 5.99 and 7.99 a few weeks ago.

The one's in nashua and londonderry haven't had anything except a few common nes games.

Like I said I was in norhtern maine over the weekend and hit several thrifts on the way up off 95 and found basically zilch.

i thought i'd get lucky with some of these stores being in the middle of nowhere but no luck.

quote:

Originally posted by bangles66:

Do you get to go to the stores on weekdays?

I wonder if the good stuff is all gone by the weekend?

Like most people I have to work and can't get to these stores on weekdays except maybe at night.

Normally I'll visit the thrift stores on weekends, because much like yourself, my girlfriend and I like to get out and just drive after a long work week.

I have tried stopping by various Funcoland sometimes after work on weekdays and basically found nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing I can think of is either there truly aren't enough people who are donating/selling their old gaming stuff to these stores (I doubt you get much money for it) or some of the store owners may have people that they call when things odd gaming objects come into the store.

I tried the HUGE Goodwill store on Route 1 in Saugus, Massachusetts near where I work and found only 5 common NES games. New England is truly devoid of old Atari stuff!!

thrift stores aint what they used to be thats for sure. try the flea markets guys, that where i make most of my finds. it doesnt hurt to spend some time with the yellow pages either. last week i went to a used goods trade in store and found bags of 2600 and INTV games. i would have never found that place if hadnt done some searching in the phone book first. what have you got to lose, sit in the comfort of your own home and make some calls to game, electronics, and pawn shops. also, bug your co workers and contacts, this has paid off for me very nicely. flea markets, thats the key though.consider picking up rare items you dont need to use as tradebait for games you want.

oh yeah and once again come to our trademeets, even if you dont have much to trade there are some very low cost deals to be had on consoles and such.

Adrian just a question,

the store on Route 1 in Saugus was it a goodwill or salvation army?

I know about that salvation army, it's pretty big and like you haven't found much there. but am i missing a goodwill?

there is a thrift on route 9 west, west of 128. I don't know what city its in or the name but i did find some nes/snes games there a few weeks ago.

yard sale season soon. that's the ticket.

not today though. Springtime in NE you gotta love it.

i'm not trying to keep the thrift on route 9 a secret by not telling you any more info, I just happen to be on a road trip coming up route 27 and decided to take a trip down route 9. My wife noticed it on the other side Westbound so we did a u turn and found it.

wush i could be more helpful.

quote:

Originally posted by christianscott:

hey zeptari,

where in mass? you gotta come to the next trademeet, we've got something for everyone, not to mention the free beer.the website is starting to come together and the next meet will hopefully be the best yet. lastly we are the reason you never find any games around here, there are at least 30 of us out there scooping them up.

christianscott27@aol.com

I'm in Western Mass.

Do you know where the "Big E" is in West Springfield?

I'm within walking distance of it.

I'm about an hour and a half drive outside

of boston.

Free Beer! Yummy! Why free??

Where's the website your talking about?

Zeptari: I just got the games from Mike @ Collector's Cards and Games

PO Box 861

Englishtown, NJ 07726

(732)792-8430

Visit his web page at: www.collectorscardsandgames.com

I got about 18 games from him 16 were brand new and two loose ones. I paid $3 to $5 per game. It took about 7 days for me to get the items in, but for that price I don't mind waiting. I had one bad game and he is going to send my money back with no problems. I told him that you guys might contact him for some goods, but I told him to give me first dibs on anything I don't have... :o)

(Just Joking)