IGNORED

"GLOBETROTTER" In South America! Next Stop: Brazil!

Gateway

• 3 weeks later...

NEWS FLASH!

"We almost got him!"

Trotter was found Tuesday, hiding in a "cave" with a chicken. Survelance cameras and tips from other Atari carts were used to close in on his whereabouts.

Trotter put up no resistance when authorities called to him to let the chicken go. He was taken into custody by C.P.S.(Cartridge Pertective Services) officers, sporting a several- days- old beard (of dirt) on his face label and he appeared to be weary of his travels thus far.

When asked what he was doing in the cave, he replied, "hiding". The chicken suffered no injury and declined to comment about the ordeal.

However, while everybody was tuned into President Bush's State Of the Union Address, Trotter managed to escape custody and is on the move again, most likely still heading into the Boston area. No word yet on whether he has been seen there. But authorities are confident that Trotter will reveal his location again soon. Also, they assure the Atari community that Trotter is unarmed and extremely harmless!

8) :D

post-2955-1074835345_thumb.jpg

Well, I can verify his whereabouts as of yesterday. He was hospitalized after a fall from the roof of the courthouse in Lexington, Missouri.

According to an eye witness, Trotter asked him to take this photograph just before he scaled the courthouse. Apparently, Trotter was attempting to "borrow" the cannonball that has been lodged in the east column since "The Battle of the Hemp Bales" in 1861. (Seriously! A real battle...18,000 troops!)

Unfortunately, Trotter eluded a deputy sheriff at the hospital and escaped.

All I know is that he mentioned a Tuesday flight to a nurse. He tried to convince her to go with him.

Hmm.

-Chris

post-260-1074907341_thumb.jpg

Well, it turns out it was all part of an elaborate scam. Trotter has been paying for his travels by making "I'm not an actor" commercials. Here he is, advertising health insurance...just 2 days after his "accident".

Atari Troll, is this by chance the cold, moldy bridge that you sleep under? :D It spans the mighty Missouri River in Lexington.

BTW, I'd estimate that bridge to be 60-70 feet above the water. But it isn't high enough above the water. Bits of the roadway are still missing (=SCARY=) from being washed away in the flood of 93! Almost everything in the photo was under water. Yes, the Missouri is mighty...

-Chris

PS. Trotter plans to be in Boston the middle of next week.

post-260-1074979802_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in updates. :|

Trotter is still somewhere in Massachusetts. I'm still waiting to find out exactly where.

I've been swamped with schoolwork the last few weeks, but PackratVG was nice enough to update the Trotter page http://www.packratvg.com/trotter.htm with some of the more recent photos( some of which can be seen in this thread ). It is a partial update.

I plan to make another large addition to the overall site( including a list of hosts and their locations of everybody who's signed up ( inspired by Inky's suggestion ), so people can do a quick scan to see who has already hosted and who has been added recently, or whatever, and won't have to search this entire thread. Coming Soon!( when I get a free weekend )

Also, PackratVG and I have been making a bunch of plans for Trotter's appearence at PhillyClassic 5, including a few surprises, hopefully( time permitting ). So, if you attend PC 5, be sure to come visit Trotter at the Packrat Video Games tables.

More to report soon. Thank you everybody for your interest and patience! :)

8)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we are missing the rest of the world on the Globetrotter map. Weston and I decided to use the U.S. map for now until he goes overseas. When that happens, we'll put up a world map where you'll be able to zoom in on certain areas to see more detail. As far as I know, Weston has some big plans for Trotter at PC5.

Thanks,

Jarett

Hi there!

Is it just me or is the world map used for the "Globetrotter World Tour" looking as if something is missing...?

Hm... let me check the most important parts of the world...  

Texas... there!

Florida... there!

Ah... got it... -> Where's Hawaii?

Greetings,

Manuel

We'll add the rest of the world as soon as you and Thomas sign up as hosts! :P

As it is now, Trotter has less than 10 hosts outside the USA: So far, the UK, Australia, and Canada have at least 1 representative.

As Jarett said, we've got a few things planned for the PC5 show. Between classes and work, I've been working on some updates to be added to the web page( including a list of all the hosts and their locations ), and some other things in time for Philly. Also, Trotter's journey is being directed so that he should travel to Philadelphia with somebody who will attend the show.

So much to do! Later...

Peace,

8)

• 3 weeks later...

Trotter is on his way to PhillyClassic 5! 8)

Check out bcprs1's thread that includes a pic with Trotter.

I finally found a few minutes to update the web page with a few more listings.

Also included on the web page is a link that includes a new page with the current list of hosts, for a quick reference. :)

Be sure to come by the Packrat Video Games tables at the show, to see Trotter, and the many new hacks, homebrews, and games available to purchase! Also, we will be running a few competitions for prizes throughout the weekend.

You could win one of these T-shirts, with awesome artwork done by our pal, Xot! There will be a limited number of these shirts for purchase as well: M, Lg, XL, and a few XXL.

See y' all at the show! Gotta get some sleep now. My plane heads for Philly in the early morning.

Weston 8)

post-3255-1079677218_thumb.jpg

post-3255-1079677219_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@ AtariDude: orange shirts. Hmm. :ponder: :)

Hey everybody,

There were some shirts left( M, Lg, XL, 2XL ) after PC5. I'll be making them available for purchase on one of our websites( hopefully will get it set up this weekend ). 8)

Trotter will be traveling to China with hepcat next month!!! 8)

The cart is currently with Osmeroid in England, but will be returning soon to the USA to meet up with hepcat before he departs.

Rest assured, Trotter will return to the UK and the rest of Europe in due time. He didn't want to pass up on this rare opportunity to get into China( unless there are some of you here that go to China often or live there :? )

Anyway, I hope to update the web page this weekend. More soon!

If you haven't signed up, you can still do so. Just PM me or email to the addy in my sig.

Weston 8)

From what I've read, most large Chinese cities these days have internet cafes.

Yes, but maybe they won't let foreigners use them. :roll:

The worst that will happen is that I'll have to pay the "tourist" rate, which will still be less than a dollar an hour.

Edit: Supposedly the only sites that get censored are those that criticize China. AA will be way under the censors' radar.

--Jason