IGNORED

"GLOBETROTTER" In South America! Next Stop: Brazil!

Gateway

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted here yet, but as a host I feel that I shoudl check in and let you know that Trotter is doing fine. We went to one of my favorite spots in Chicago for our picture, and tomorrow Trotter joins me on a journey to Eastern Europe. I'll be visiting a couple of countries over the next few days, and I'll swing by whenever I have web access.

I'll post a couple of pics when I get back. I'm not taking a digital camera along, instead relying on my trusty 1960's era Minolta to get me through - All analog this time!

I'll be in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, everybody, time for an update! :)

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to add to the Trotter webpages and update the map, etc. So, in the meantime, I thought I'd share some of the photos from the last few stops on Trotter's journey.

Schoolwork and my job are keeping busy, busy, but I may be able to do a major update to the webpages as part of my final project this semester, in my Web Essentials class. This would include a new page featuring Trotter's visits to classic gaming shows, awards, and other miscellaneous. We'll see.

Anyway, what's important now is that: Trotter is back in Europe again!

So, if you've been procrastinating about signing on to be a host for Trotter in your city and/or country, NOW is a great time to join the Tour! The more, the merrier! It doesn't matter if your area already has a host, because there are plenty of interesting landmark and sites to go around. :)

I'm now in the process of contacting hosts from Europe who've already signed up, listed on the host name webpage. Trotter will attempt to touch down in as many countries and cities as he can, depending on support from those of you in Europe. I'd prefer people to volunteer to help. Please don't make me beg! :P

Here's a quick list of Trotter's whereabouts since the last webpage update:

* Dandenong North/Melbourne, Australia

* Lower Hutt, New Zealand

* Fremont, CA, USA

* San Jose( CGE 2K4 ), CA, USA

* Oregon City, OR, USA

* Honolulu, HI, USA

* Apo, Ap( CA ), USA

* Tokyo, Japan

* Chicago, IL USA

* Zurich, Switzerland (unconfirmed)

* Vienna, Austria (unconfirmed)

* Piestani, Slovakia (unconfirmed)

* ?, Czech Republic (unconfirmed)

* Zurich, Switzerland (unconfirmed)

* Kapfenberg, Austria (unconfirmed)

And here's the newest hosts that have signed on:

Daryl Lytle... Las Vegas, NV, USA

Kepone... South Burlington, VT, USA

ToddRogers... Brooksville FL, USA

ccc---... Kapfenberg, Austria

Sean Cook and his sons Josh and Andy... Honolulu, HI, USA

Also, Trotter is coming upon his 1 year mark since staring his World Tour. I am looking into possibilities for special Trotter- themed item(s) to commemorate this milestone... something in time for the Christmas holiday. I hope to post more about this in the Marketplace forum, along with the remaining PhillyClassic 5 Trotter T-shirts I still have in stock. :)

If anybody has a reasonable idea or two of a product they'd like to see made to mark Trotter's anniversary, you can PM me, or post your ideas in this thread.

Finally, I've included a sampling of photos in hopes to whet everbody's appetite until the webpages are revamped, and while waiting for more reports from Europe.

Later...

P.S. Please let me know if I've gotten any names incorrect of these alumni in the photos. Thanks.

---

1. CGE: The entrance to the San Jose Convention Center.

2. CGE: Here's me(center, in black shirt) hanging out with Jarett and staff at the Packrat booth

3. CGE: Trotter plays some "Puppy Pong" in the museum.

4. OKGE: Albert poses with Trotter's "stunt double".

5. CGE: Jan "The Prototype Lady" Boehm poses with Trotter.

post-2955-1098181545_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1098181546_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1098181547_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1098181548_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1098181549_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gateway

Here's a few more:

8)

---

1. CGE: Two pioneers of the Atari VCS: Al Alcorn and Steve Meyer.

2. CGE: Rob Fulop( Night Driver, Missle Command, Demon Attack...) poses after the Imagic keynote on Sunday.

3. CGE: Howard Scott Warshaw( E.T., ROTLA, Saboteur, Yars' Revenge ) was gracious to pose for another photo. The pic I took of him at PC 5 didn't expose correctly.

4. Howard "accidently" signed the back of Trotter. LOL! He was distracted because he was chatting with Rob Fulop, so he didn't know I wanted him only to pose with Trotter for a photo. Photo courtesy of Nick Cook.

5. Diamond Head beach near Honolulu, Hawaii.

post-2955-1098183153_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1098183154_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1098183155_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1098183156_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1098183157_thumb.jpg

Globetrotter will be attending Eurocon 2004 in the Hague, Netherlands! 8)

This weekend, October 29th - 31st, Trotter will be partying with many fans from Europe and others.

If you plan to attend, and have already signed on to host, I'l be contacting you soon. If you haven't signed up, you still can.

Also, I want to make sure I've given thanks to evrybody who has hosted Trotter thus far, and sent photos for the website. :)

Thanks in advance to those of you signed on, who are still waiting for Trotter to come by your neck of the woods. Your patience is appreciated.

I'm still working on some ideas for a Trotter - themed memento, exclusive only to those who have signed up to hosting duties. Nothing is for certain yet. Stay tuned. :)

Also, has anybody heard from AA member Scuttle130? He had some military connections with plans to get Trotter into Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuba, and possibly Antarctica! If there's anybody else here who has connections through military, school, or other and knows somebody in one of these places that would like to help, PLEASE let me know!

Finally, A big Thanks goes out to Ze_ro, and CPUWIZ for helping with editing this thread! :D

Edited by Gateway

That would be very cool, Sandy! 8)

Trotter is traveling with Mr. Koenig, aka AA member ccc---.

Every attendee is of course, welcome to host Trotter individually after the show, if they choose to sign up. Some of them are already signed on.

I'd like to see Trotter bounce around different cities in Europe for a while, and as many countries as he can. But, knowing Trotter, he might suddenly decide to sail half way around the world at any time. I never know for sure anymore. ;)

8)

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Anniversary to Globetrotter!

Trotter has now been on his tour for One year and is going strong! He still has lots of hosts to stay with and lots of places of the world to visit! 8)

Most recently, Trotter has visited Kapfenberg, Austria,

then he joined the party in The Hague, Netherlands for Eurocon 2004,

From there he made a stop in Amsterdam,

Now he is enroute to Elburg, Netherlands, and Kaiserslautern, Germany,

After that, he is currently arranging plans to visit Taiwan during the Christmas holiday, with a possible short stay in central Mexico before that! ( still working out the details ).

So, as you can see, Trotter has built up a lot of momentum, with many stops still ahead of him on his goal to visit as many places as he can, and circumnavigate the globe, at least one time( but likely he'll go farther than that ).

It isn't Trotter's nature to turn down an offer for adventure, so he is still accepting new hosts, especially if you reside somewhere Trotter hasn't visited yet, or isn't currently represented by another future host. The more the merrier, even if you do live in an area Trotter will go, the cart needs plenty of people to "bridge" between places that are far apart from each other( especially in countries where Atari isn't well known ).

As mentioned before, I am working on some ideas for a commemorative collectible to mark Trotter's first anniversary of his tour. If all goes well, this will be offered in time for Christmas, and it will be an exclusive, only available to people who have already hosted, or have signed on to host. More details soon. 8)

The next webpage update is coming, I promise. Hmm... The Thanksgiving break from work and school may be enough time for me to get this done. :ponder: ;)

In the meantime, some new pictures:

One is Trotter hanging out in Austria with his friend KC Munckin.

The other is Trotter seeing the sights in Amsterdam, Netherlands, with san-d-2000

---

post-2955-1100674947_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1100674948_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gateway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick note:

Trotter is still going strong, despite my delays in getting the webpage updated with all the cool photos of Trotter's adventures up to this point. I apologize for this. I'm working on this some this weekend, and have given the webpages a new look. I hope everybody will like it. As always, this is a work in progress.

Trotter is currently in Canada, in Surrey, British Columbia, enroute to Kelowna. He'll continue to move eastward across Canada.

Trotter also will make a trip to Hong Kong and the Phillipines in the near future. Stay tuned!

I've sent a response to all of you who've signed up recently for hosting, but in case I missed anybody, please send me another message.

I'm still accepting hosts from anywhere, but I'm most interested right now in anybody in or that has access to the following areas of North America:

Alaska

Alberta

Saskatchewan

Manitoba

Yukon

Northwest Territories

Nunavut

Newfoundland/Labrador

New Brunswick

Nova Scotia

Prince Edward Island

Greenland

Mexico

Puerto Rico and the Caribbean

8)

I'm sorry that I still haven't sent you my photos from when I hosted Trotter in Chicago & parts of Europe. The thing is that the photos are on a videotape, so I have to get that tape out and get the appropriate framegrabs. I apologize as I haven't really had a moment to do any video editing outside of work stuff. I'll try to get to it in the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to CPUWIZ for the title update.

Happy Birthday to Trotter!

Trotter had a birthday( March 29th ). Trotter first appeared at the AtariAge vendor booth at PC4 in Philly, back in 2003( Mar. 28 - 29 ). He's now starting his terrible two's. Let's hope he remains a polite guest in his travels.

I wanted to post a few quick scans from the stack of photos I got from host Zach, during his vacation to Taiwan this last Christmas and New Year's. You can see them below. :)

Also, here's a link to the earlier thread started by atwwong:

Trotter's Canadian Tour

Progress continues slowly on the webpage update. Slow is better than no work at all, right? :)

Trotter's next stop is Kelowna, BC, Canada, to visit host Atari Charles. Hmmm. His speed of travel seems to have slowed way down once the cart entered Canada. :ponder:

The latest I've heard from Atari Charles is that he is still waiting for Trotter to arrive. I guess Trotter is just taking his time.

More later.

8)

post-2955-1112175498_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1112175499_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1112175500_thumb.jpg

Thanks for scanning, Gateway. :)

The captions to the Taiwan photos seem to have disappeared with the forum upgrade. The photos show the following scenes:

The California state capitol in Sacramento (you can just make out the state holiday tree to the right.)

Taipei 101, the current world's tallest building.

An interesting sign in Yonghe, just outside of Taipei. Apparently Globetrotter is a Futurama fan. If anyone can read the Chinese, let us know.

Edited by Zach

• 4 weeks later...

I received Globetrotter in the mail yesterday from Atari Charles. He will be on his way to Hong Kong and the Philippines with me this Thursday morning.

His traveling case seems to have picked up quite a few souvenirs since I last hosted him. :ponder: I looked at the pictures from the Tokyo Game Show and I think I'm gonna have to check that out next year. :P

--Jason

I received Globetrotter in the mail yesterday from Atari Charles. He will be on his way to Hong Kong and the Philippines with me this Thursday morning.

His traveling case seems to have picked up quite a few souvenirs since I last hosted him.  :ponder:  I looked at the pictures from the Tokyo Game Show and I think I'm gonna have to check that out next year.  :P

--Jason

843169[/snapback]

Hehe, glad you liked them :cool: