IGNORED

Lynx programming

Adrian M

I was looking at trying some Lynx game programming several weeks back and upon downloading and installing the BLL dev system, I find that I can't get it to work under Windows XP.

Has anyone been able to get the dev system to work under XP successfully? If so, how did you get it working? I'm hoping not to have to install a legacy OS in order to use this....

Please help!

I loaded up the source files for the dev system into Visual Studio and rebuilt everything, fixing a few library calls that VC++ didn't like...don't remember exactly what I did and all that stuff is on the other side of the country on my old laptop...if someone bugs me by e-mail I might dig it up when I get home.

Otherwise I think Lynx programming is a lot of fun because you can really see your app start to take shape quickly...for those of us with short attention spans, it's much more of a rush than 2600 programming, where you're happy just to get a little square on the screen.

Eric

I was looking at trying some Lynx game programming several weeks back and upon downloading and installing the BLL dev system, I find that I can't get it to work under Windows XP.  

Has anyone been able to get the dev system to work under XP successfully?  If so, how did you get it working?  I'm hoping not to have to install a legacy OS in order to use this....

Please help!

If you can link me to the BLL Dev, I'll give it a whirl on one of my XP boxes.

Has anyone been able to get the dev system to work under XP successfully?  If so, how did you get it working?  I'm hoping not to have to install a legacy OS in order to use this....

Please help!

If you can link me to the BLL Dev, I'll give it a whirl on one of my XP boxes.

I downloaded all my apps and utilities here:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Byt.../download/lynx/

Please let me know what you find out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I have two assemblers (lyxass and the cc65.org assembler) together with BLL and two C-compilers all preinstalled for XP.

There is also Handy, Handybug, editors, sprpck and other tools needed for Lynx work.

There is also a lot of linux commands natively compiled for Windows XP (like make, sed, ls, vi).

You can download the archive at http://kosh.dna.fi/cc65.u3p and put it on a U3 USB memory stick.

Then just plug it in any XP USB port and click on the cc65 icon and use the tools.

When the shell window opens type

source bashrc

After this you can go to wherever you have your sources and use the tools.

When you remove the USB stick the compilers and tools are gone from the XP.

In this way you can use any XP for development without having to install anything on it. No PATH's to define amd no environment variables to tweak.

--

Karri

• 2 weeks later...