IGNORED

How much is too much to pay for a 3DO?

Jasoco

the FZ-1 was very nice, IMO I think it's the best tray loading console out there, very durable!!! but the FZ-10 is durable too, but there have been "some" reprots of the cover breaking. now the FZ-10 does not support the VCD playback or upgrade the FZ-1 has. and if you are going to use that feature at all you should get the GoldStar model anyways because it has the VCD playback built in.
D'OH! No VCD? Not that it matters, but no VCD?

Bah.. no big deal.

There's an MPEG expansion you can get for it to play VCDs.

Heh.. and what, may I ask, does one of those cost?

Seriously though. VCD's aren't my biggest concern. I have none. And if I did, my DVD player can play them.

And the only reason I'd get one of those VCD Expansions would be for the novelty factor. Or if it looks cool, like if I happened upon one of those Karaoke Expansions for the Mega Drive/Mega CD. They sit aside the whole MD/MCD setup and match nicely and just look bulky and cool. I like bulky.

MUST GET ONE OF THESE!

mcdkaraoke.jpg

no it's an internal expasion similar to that on the Saturn, you'd never see it and you'd never know it was there uless you put in a VCD. anyways who uses VCDs any more? asian import movies? kung fu? but other than that nobody. anyways DVD players do support VCDs so there you go. and the cost, if you can find one is rather large. I.e. the same price as a new 3DO unit or more!

okay that looks cool, not very usefull but damn! it looks cool!
I KNOW!

I wonder if it would even work with a US model.

*sigh* If I were to ever happen upon one of these, I'd probably die. I really like how it looks. And I'm not even into Karaoke!

me too! hey i just looked at your web site you are a total mac nut!!!! you've got more out dated macs then the Steves combined!
More like did. I still got most, but a few have gone their separate ways since the First and Second Lairs. They're in the basement. Mostly. Except my first, my SE which is, well, waiting for a new home since I rearranged the room again.

I told you, I shed my Zealot a while ago when I became a Game Collector. I haven't bought a new old Mac in over a year. It was an expensive hobby.

My games are my life now.

MUST FIND KARAOKE EXPANSION!!

I've seen a few of these ugly things on eBay once in a while though. The DC Karaoke expansion. Not as nice industrial looking as the Mega Drive version.

dckaraoke.jpg

but only if you buy the FZ-1.

The FZ-10 does not support the upgrade without internal modding

huh? they made a FZ-10 VCD adaptor and ive never heard of modding the fz-10 for anything and the goldstar needs a vcd adaptor also to play vcds

justice is blind has one i think - the FZ-10 vcd

i only have the goldstar version, because its the easiest and cheapest to get

and i use vcds all the time, i have every episode of Sliders (5 seasons) and the first 2 seasons of That 70's show plus millions more on VCD which only cost me the price of CDRs ;) now if they comeout with a sliders dvd box set i can pass on it and save me a ton of money :D

I've got a FZ-10 in my hand currently and looking at it very carefully I see absolutly no way of putting a VCD adaptor onto it. I see no expasion bay, all i see is componet (YRW) output and power plug in. bottom reveals nothing neither any of the sides or top. is it possible that maybe Panasonic twards the end of the production of the FZ-10 forego the upgradeability to save more money on a dying system?

I've got a FZ-10 in my hand currently and looking at it very carefully I see absolutly no way of putting a VCD adaptor onto it. I see no expasion bay, all i see is componet (YRW) output and power plug in. bottom reveals nothing neither any of the sides or top. is it possible that maybe Panasonic twards the end of the production of the FZ-10 forego the upgradeability to save more money on a dying system?

Look on the side opposite of the power button.See that little cover with two screw holes?

The M-PEG adapter fits in that.