IGNORED

GreetingCart(TM) 2003 ChristmasCart(TM)

Andrew Davie

There's a guy who posted a "clear ATARI cartridge" that I think you should consider. Maybe make it double as Christmas Ornament so it can be proudly displayed on any Christmas tree. And if you go with the clear concept, you could plug a few Christmas lights in it so it could lite up on the tree or us the power from the ATARI to light up in the VCS slot...

what do you think?

That's damn impressive dude.  You got it to load without the f99 uh..forgot the other part part.  Or is that just needed for the animation things?

No changes in technique from previous versions. Does Z26 default to -f77 ... I think it might. In any case, I'm told it looks pretty non-flickery on the real thing, which is all that really counts.

Cheers

A

Is there any way the AA Store can give us potential Christmas Cart buyers a somewhat concrete idea as to how much this special cart will cost and/or any potential deals (ie: buy $50 worth of AA merchanise and get the Christmas cart free, etc) so that we can plan our holiday Atari purchases accordingly?

Ask again at the end of the week. :)

..Al

Enquiring minds want to know! ;)

Thanks guys :D  

Though I don't think I gave her enough paper to actually wrap that Atari.

Liveinabin, you are the king!!!!!!!!! I love that pic and the style you created it with. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's the label applied to a cart.  :)

..Al

I have to say, I'm appalled at this disgusting and demeaning use of the GreetingCart technology. How can a reputable store such as AtariAge even consider dealing in such smut. Needless to say, I'm getting onto my lawyers and you can be sure that this product will never hit the shelves! Shame, shame... what's the world coming to.

Albert, don't you realise your target audience may (mostly) have the bodies of 30-something men but they are mentally still teenagers. This sort of thing most certainly isn't attractive to that demographic. I'm sure we would all prefer a nice image of a dead person nailed to a wooden cross.

That art style was popular 3 decades before Atari first showed up in stores!

No offense to liveinabin. You did a nice job. It's just that it's totally wrong for Atari.

Sorry. Just being honest.

It's more about Christmas than Atari, and the lasting 'brand image' of Christmas (partly due to companies like Coca Cola) is this cheesy fifties thing. You're right - it is totally wrong for Atari. That's why this picture isn't on a game- but, whether we should be using only retro 70s and 80s styles on a medium that continues to expand is another debate entirely.

Anyway, happy holidays everyone.

Oh, and guys - you wouldn't want to see her unwrap - she's wearing Intellivision underwear :D

Here's the label applied to a cart.  :)

..Al

I have to say, I'm appalled at this disgusting and demeaning use of the GreetingCart™ technology. How can a reputable store such as AtariAge even consider dealing in such smut. Needless to say, I'm getting onto my lawyers and you can be sure that this product will never hit the shelves! Shame, shame... what's the world coming to.

Albert, don't you realise your target audience may (mostly) have the bodies of 30-something men but they are mentally still teenagers. This sort of thing most certainly isn't attractive to that demographic. I'm sure we would all prefer a nice image of a dead person nailed to a wooden cross.

I ahve to agree with Andrew - The picture is a nice classic 50's (though I dont think Coke ever used that image ;) ) - Its not right for an Atari Cart. As much as I want to buy the XMas Cart, I couldnt really hang that on my tree - My wife would prob start rummaging through my cart collection to see what other 'carts' I have :) - Whats this, Custers...........

All kidding aside, that would look nice on a 20 something bachelor tree.