IGNORED

GreetingCart(TM) 2003 ChristmasCart(TM)

Andrew Davie

I like it, but its not like all the people bitching about it sent in their own labels. If this is the only option, let it go, and if you don't like it don't buy it. There is always next year, and then they can send in their own labels that have space invader monsters on them or whatever they want.

Probably the problem is that some people take Christmas quite seriously while others (like me) see it as folklore (incl. massive merchandizing).

Yeah! That's it. Hooray for masssive merchandising!! :D

BTW: @Sku-u - It wasn't at all 'ripped'. Although based on an old Gil Elvgren painting, every brushstroke is brand new. Don't mean to sound pissy but I don't rip stuff. Ever. My god this is getting serious isn't it? And to think it's all because of a VERY tongue-in-cheek little painting.

haha. yes, that could indeed be misconstrued :D

This wasn't REALLY intended to be seen as that smutty. It's not any different from the kind of stuff used to advertise cars in the 60s in US. That's kind of the idea. Ah well, screw it, it was a fun painting to do anyhow.

Probably the problem is that some people take Christmas quite seriously while others (like me) see it as folklore (incl. massive merchandizing).

Yeah! That's it. Hooray for masssive merchandising!! :D

BTW: @Sku-u - It wasn't at all 'ripped'. Although based on an old Gil Elvgren painting, every brushstroke is brand new. Don't mean to sound pissy but I don't rip stuff. Ever. My god this is getting serious isn't it? And to think it's all because of a VERY tongue-in-cheek little painting.

Sorry if you are taking it seriously. I wasn't :sad:

I don't mind the picture. I just don't see what a 40s/50s style pin up girl has to do with a 70s/80s game system.

Who cares if I like or don't like the picture? I'm one person.

I'm sure we would all prefer a nice image of a dead person nailed to a wooden cross.

What would this have to do with Christmas? Some of us acknowledge the holidays to celebrate Christ's birth, not his death. I'll assume you were just being facetious.

[it's more about Christmas than Atari, and the lasting 'brand image' of Christmas (partly due to companies like Coca Cola) is this cheesy fifties thing.  You're right - it is totally wrong for Atari.  That's why this picture isn't on a game- but, whether we should be using only retro 70s and 80s styles on a medium that continues to expand is another debate entirely...

I was just expecting something closer to 2003, because that is the year commemorated on the cart.

I like it, but its not like all the people bitching about it sent in their own labels. If this is the only option, let it go, and if you don't like it don't buy it. There is always next year, and then they can send in their own labels that have space invader monsters on them or whatever they want.

Show me the post that says, "Submit your design ideas here" :roll:

For the record, I like Dave's artwork, just not on a 2003 Atari cart.

Peace,

Weston 8)

C'mon Dave, that's about as original as Mental Kombat....   :ponder:  ;)  

Nice work, by the way... as soon as I saw Al's avatar, I knew who it came from - I liked your other Gunfight label better...  :wink:

LOL. Maybe I should have had Dennis Quaid with his arse out :D

OMG The OTHER Gunfight label!! Don't! I swear, these are the only two pictures I've ever done of this type. You'll have them crying "sicko" next :D