IGNORED

7800 Power Supply?

kstockbridge

Your gonna be sad to hear that the 7800 power adapter is pretty much Propietary to the 7800. You can find them on ebay and other online auctions...but I have seen those go for 15 bucks before!!!..

If you know somebody electrically inclined...you best bet is to find somebody who can modify the 7800 to use a standard type adapter plug. Then you can just go out and buy a universal adapter to suit your needs.

Diesel?!

Your kidding If I had known that power supplys for the 7800 could be bought at RS..I would have been bidding on plain 7800 decks on ebay eons ago.

I am trying to get one cheap for a friend of mine who is wanting a 7800. As I said before we can't find them locally and he doesn't have the means to spend the abnormal prices that they go for on ebay sometimes.

I can't either but I was going to get a basic deck and then mod the power connector with a universal one and simply use a universal power supply.

So please, confirm. Your saying that if you have the specs RS can get a power supply with that funky square connector on it?

How much?

I had my 7800 power supply burn out on me and I just went to RadioShack and picked up a "universal" power supply, selected the correct voltage/amperage on the device and then spliced the end of the cord ot my old 7800 powers supply plug (that part that's proprietary). It works great! Although, you need the original 7800 power adapter plug...

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way to do this is to cut the prong off of the existing (bad) plug. Go down to radio shack and look for an adapter that has the correct voltage... don't worry about the jack. You can either splice the old plug onto it (bad idea because of its age), or go to your local walmart or whatever and look at uniden cordless phone batteries. Several models have IDENTICAL plugs. This is nice because in a jam, you can just build your own plug from scratch.

quote:

Originally posted by cloudmann:

The easiest way to do this is to cut the prong off of the existing (bad) plug. Go down to radio shack and look for an adapter that has the correct voltage... don't worry about the jack. You can either splice the old plug onto it (bad idea because of its age), or go to your local walmart or whatever and look at uniden cordless phone batteries. Several models have IDENTICAL plugs. This is nice because in a jam, you can just build your own plug from scratch.

uhh...you just re-suggested the same thing I did just three posts up...