IGNORED

MEGA-CONTEST! The Room 34 Adventure Challenge

Room 34

I'm going to have to say something as well here. The "26" part is sort of messed up, you can type anything in there and the page simply takes you to the rules page. I just spent two hours going blind staring at the puzzel. My eyes are bleeding!

someone please help me . . . .

ive advised room34 to take the contest offline until an admin can get around to deleting robstermans account and running an IP block so his contest wont be tarnished, and all his hours of hard work wont be wasted.

Good idea! :thumbsup:

I second that idea (did you see the other contest threads he is starting? :roll: )

:x Its no fun if you don't do it yourself

I'm going to have to say something as well here. The "26" part is sort of messed up, you can type anything in there and the page simply takes you to the rules page. I just spent two hours going blind staring at the puzzel. My eyes are bleeding!

Yup, it just goes back to the login page, will it not do that if you put the right answer in?

If you provide a wrong answer for a question, you will go to a "GAME OVER" page with a "Game Reset" button to get you back to room #1 (with all of your correct answers and inventory intact).

If this is NOT what you're experiencing, PM me and we can see if it's a browser issue.

:D

Yup, it just goes back to the login page, will it not do that if you put the right answer in?

The bat does not like you to dwell on a question for long. He must be swooping in and stealing your browser session ID while you are busy working on the puzzle...

:ponder:

But seriously... I believe what's happening here is that your session is timing out. It hadn't even occurred to me that this was going to be an issue when I was writing the authentication logic (or more accurately, hastily copying it from another web app I wrote for a completely different purpose).

For the more time-consuming challenges, such as the word search, I would suggest taking your work "offline" while you complete the puzzle. (Save the word search image or print it out.) Then when you have solved it, log back into the site and enter your answer.

I think the "Atari Word Search" info is too vague. And I still don't know if there are diagonals or not.

And I have had several people look at it and I can't find any more than 16 of them (I don't think there are any more)

And after that the info on the qutestion, doesn't even give you a hint of what the answer is supposed to be referring to.

I think I am going to call it quits on the word search :sad:

Since some of you are relatively new here, and may not have participated in the earlier contests put on by Pitfall Harry, to whom this contest certainly owes a debt of gratitude, here are the threads on them:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8433

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26364

I'd like to log a complaint against MayhemUK who wrote:

Still stuck on #2 so that's me out of the contest I guess

I think he should be out of the contest for that post yet he keeps on playing!!!! :x

I dont need the extra competition...Thank you. :P