IGNORED

MEGA-CONTEST! The Room 34 Adventure Challenge

Room 34

Still stuck at #2. :sad:

I thought combining Simpson and Fox might lead to the Simpsons cartoon, but no success with that too.

Do you need any special knowledge about O.J. Simpson (besides football, murder, Nacked Gun) or Fox to get the idea? :?

I am from Germany you know.

I cannot provide specific details about questions (other than my cryptic clues, which will commence next Tuesday). However, I will say this: There is nothing in this contest that someone outside the United States cannot answer. All of the answers ARE available on the Internet, although some may be harder to search for than others. Some creative thinking is in order.

:D

Don't worry, Thomas... you can do it.

I cannot provide specific details about questions (other than my cryptic clues, which will commence next Tuesday).

Sure, and I don't want any (now ;)).

However, I will say this: There is nothing in this contest that someone outside the United States cannot answer. All of the answers ARE available on the Internet, although some may be harder to search for than others. Some creative thinking is in order.

Good to know, though creativity is my weak point. :)

Don't worry, Thomas... you can do it.

Thanks, that has motivated me again! :thumbsup:

The answer to #2 came to me randomly as I happened to remember I own the game in question!

As for the wordsearch, well I've got 16 Atari games, one other non Atari game name (though whether that was intentional or not I dunno yet), 2 homebrews, 3 instances of a particular object, and about 8 instances of ET! And a partridge in a pear tree :P

The answer to #2 came to me randomly as I happened to remember I own the game in question!

As for the wordsearch, well I've got 16 Atari games, one other non Atari game name (though whether that was intentional or not I dunno yet), 2 homebrews, 3 instances of a particular object, and about 8 instances of ET! And a partridge in a pear tree  :P

OK... I do not want to give "hints" but I will say this, since everyone who's gotten to the word search knows you're looking for game titles in it:

Only words of 3 or more letters count.

Other than that, I will just say this: Read the "Your Challenge" description very carefully on each challenge.

:D

I have. I'm being very sneaky with this wordsearch in terms of trying to find game names. Not having any success though currently!  :roll:

Probably you should follow the advice to read Ben's last contest. But since I am not that far, I can only guess.

I did partially play and follow that one, and I've been trying all sorts of stuff with the letters and manipulating the square without success yet...

OK, since it's Thanksgiving (here in the U.S.) and I'm feeling festive... I'll give a bit of a clue early...

OFFICIAL CLUE #0.5

When in Grundle's Lair thou be,

Ponder thee this clue from me:

To give a clue here would be so lame;

The clue you seek is in the game.

OK, since it's Thanksgiving (here in the U.S.) and I'm feeling festive... I'll give a bit of a clue early...

OFFICIAL CLUE #0.5

When in Grindle's Lair thou be,

Ponder thee this clue from me:

To give a clue here would be so lame;

The clue you seek is in the game.

AH HA!!!!! Its all clear to me now!!!!!

Clear as mud!!! LOL

Bingo! :D

I finally found #2 and am now at the word puzzle.  

And I think I found a really nice "tweak" idea that shifted my perspective :thumbsup:. Though that didn't help much yet.

Did you get trivia question #3 to the left of the gold castle entrance? That one is worded kind of wierd, and I haven't gotten it yet.

Bingo! :D

I finally found #2 and am now at the word puzzle.  

And I think I found a really nice "tweak" idea that shifted my perspective :thumbsup:. Though that didn't help much yet.

Did you get trivia question #3 to the left of the gold castle entrance? That one is worded kind of wierd, and I haven't gotten it yet.

I got that one....Yes. But very very stumped on the Word Find :(

#2 took some digging. The clue is in the wording.

which, strangely enough, was not released by 20th Century Fox

Fox released movie licenses of their own games, so this would suggest that it was (seemingly) a Fox movie license that was not released by Fox.

Tip: IMDB is your friend, and OJ didn't just play football.

I'm still stuck on the word search. I think I found another one, if the words can contain adjacent, but not lateral letters, and reuse the same letters more than once. I've been trying to apply that same logic to the rest of the board but it doesn't seem to be working...