IGNORED

2004 Midwest Gaming Classic Dates Announced!

goatdan

Are you ready for a classic? The 2004 Midwest Gaming Classic will be held at the Brookfield Sheraton on May 22nd and 23rd. Along with this great announcement, the much-anticipated Midwest Gaming Classic Web site has re-opened and much like the 2004 event will be, it is bigger and better than ever!

http://www.midwestclassic.net/

Check it out!

Scott,

I can almost guarantee that you and pretty much anyone that comes to this year's event will not be disappointed. We have literally tons of stuff in allllllmost place already, and more stuff than we ever had in the past already certain. This is going to be one event not to miss!

If you have anything that you really want to see or do, email me (loosen@goatstore.com) or PM me and tell me or just write it right here. We're looking into every possibility right now, and we're looking for new ideas from anyone that will give them!

I may actually go to this one this time around.  Seeing as Milwaukee is a short 4 hour drive from me (it would be 2, but you have to go through the Chicago traffic from where I live)

You don't drive through downtown do you? ;)

I-294 is your friend! :D

I-294 can be just as bad, especially around O'Hare....

I-294 can be just as bad, especially around O'Hare....

True, but the WORST scenario is if you take I-294 up and then try to head east on the Kennedy.

:o

Unfortunately, that is the way we have to go when visiting my wife's sister.

:(

P.S. Sorry to derail the thread. 2004 Midwest Gaming Classic RULEZ!!!

:P

I may actually go to this one this time around.  Seeing as Milwaukee is a short 4 hour drive from me (it would be 2, but you have to go through the Chicago traffic from where I live)

Hey, I know about that drive! I live in Milwaukee but work at Six Flags so it's an hour commute home and back. I'm just glad that I don't drive about thirty minutes further and get all stuck in "your" traffic.

Seriously, we're doing a ton of stuff for this year's event that I hope all works out. We're doing speakers for sure, and while we've have two big ones announced, we've got another two already lined up with just some details to work out, and we've got leads on more. We're really working on having an incredible LAN room set-up, as well as getting more vendors for everything imaginable.

We're working out a really cool trading feature that will become available for people to use probably in early January.

Lastly, we're working on really expanding the arcade / pinball games that will be at the event. Our goal is to have ten times what we had at last year's event, and we're quite well on the way of acheiving that goal :)

If anyone is interested in helping or wants to display stuff at the event, go ahead and PM me or email me at loosen@goatstore.com We're always looking for ways to improve!

Oh, I meant to say this in the last thread but forgot...

Because I know a lot of people don't know this, Gene Cunningham of Illinois Pinball who is speaking is the owner of all patents, copyrights, titles and stock to Bally / Williams pinball, as well as Capcom and Alvin G including prototypes of unreleased machines and a collection of thousands of arcade machines. He's one of the speakers, and even if you are not into pinball that much, I would definitely suggest seeing him speak. I saw him speak at the Pinball Expo, and he is an extremely interesting person.

Well I have put my pinball passion on hold for a while... had to sell my Taxi machine a few months back.

Once we buy a house (probably about a year from now), I will be looking to add some pinball back into my gameroom!

Sell your Taxi :sad:

I became more or less completely addicted at my first arcade auction after purchasing a Cybernaut Pinball machine. Now I have two machines (although Chybernaut is the only one that works :| ) and would love to get more. Alas, a small apartment and no major income really are not condusive to getting more, so my passion is sort of on hold too.

If you're really into learning and reading about pinball, check out the PinGame Journal, as it helps to feed my passion for time being 8)

Sell your Taxi  :sad:

I know... it was tough. But it basically sat idle from about a month after I got it. (The prior owner had replaced ALL of the fuses in it with 7 amp slo-blo fuses... :mad: so the score display and music chip got fried! :mad: :mad: :mad: And I just never got around to getting it fixed.)

It was a great game though... and other than that "little" electronics problem, it was in sweet shape. :( I miss it but I'll get another. What I really want is a Funhouse!

I know... it was tough. But it basically sat idle from about a month after I got it. (The prior owner had replaced ALL of the fuses in it with 7 amp slo-blo fuses... :mad: so the score display and music chip got fried! :mad: :mad: :mad: And I just never got around to getting it fixed.)

It was a great game though... and other than that "little" electronics problem, it was in sweet shape. :( I miss it but I'll get another. What I really want is a Funhouse!

Heh,

I have a bit of a story like that too. My Space Station is all messed up after having sort of dropped it (long, but funny story) after the first Midwest Classic. I swear, people at that event played that pinball game more than I have :sad:

Anywho, most of the games at the Classic are for sale, so if you see something you like you can pick it up :) I was extremely close to walking out of last year's with an EM game. If I had any space to put it, I would have had a third pinball machine now.