IGNORED

Froo-Froo Updates Galore, plus a contest!

Cousin Vinnie

I have several things I would like to share with my friends at AtariAge...

#1 Tons and I mean tons of updates have occured at the Panoramic Froo-Froo. 4 games have just been reviewed by Granny Vinnie and Crossbow: Asteroids, Ball Blazer, Dark Chambers, and Jinks. Plus, the Cheap Universe is near completed, with hard to find codes for Planet Smashers, Ninja Golf, Crossbow, Tower Toppler and more posted...check it out!

#2 I found another Atari site that is not linked from Atari Age..."The Atari Times" This is a site somewhat similar to mine, and it is a great resource for all 5 Atari systems, with their main emphasis on the Jaguar and Lynx. Thier link is: http://www.geocities.com/greggeorge

#3 I am taking it upon myself to do something that should have been done a long time ago. I want everyone's input on this as well. The great 7800 game, Tower Toppler has a hero that is has no name. This is a travesty! Any game that features a character like this should name thier character. So, over at my site, there will be an icon on the main 7800 page of the green unnamed hero. Click on that and then go vote on one of 10 names that I have decided would be fitting for the character. Leave your name and email address in the comments section, and in two months I will pick a random voter to give them the complete Big Fish discography and a hard to find 2600 game of your choice: (Secret Quest, Planet Patrol, or HERO)

Hope everyone enjoys the poll!

Cousin Vinnie www.bigfishusa.com/7800

3 more games reviewed at Froo-Froo: A good one, a bad one, and a decent one.

Crack'ed

Mean 18 Ultimate Golf

Scrap Yard Dog

Also, a tactic has been added to my Cheap Universe for Mean 18...an easy hole in one...

Also, do not forget about the contest to name the Tower Toppler Guy! Right now, it appears his name will be Sly. If you hate the name Sly, get over there and vote. If you like the name Sly, get over there and vote becuase the name Skippy is climbing the ranks. Basically go and vote. This could bag you some neat stash: The complete Big Fish discography and your choice of HERO, Planet Patrol, or Secret Quest!!!

Cousin Vinnie www.bigfishusa.com/7800

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Cousin Vinnie ]

Actually I believe it was called Castlin on the NES (or something like that). I like the name Tower Toppler better, that at least describes the game play a bit (you climb and topple towers). Nebulous is just so non-discriptive, you might even say it's... Nebulous!

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Actually I believe it was called Castlin on the NES (or something like that). I like the name Tower Toppler better, that at least describes the game play a bit (you climb and topple towers). Nebulous is just so non-discriptive, you might even say it's... Nebulous!

Tempest

It's non-discriptive because it's the name of the hero, not a discription of the game, maybe that's why Atari changed the name so people might get a better idea of what the game is, but I still prefer Nebulous of Tower Toppler-that name may be descriptive, but it certainly isn't very poetic and it doesn't slip off the tongue as well as "Nebulous."

The little green guy DOES have an official name, the same as the title this game had on every sytem it was released for EXCEPT the Atari 8-bit and 7800; Nebulous. This game also was released on the st/amiga, c64, NES and probably others under the name "Nebulous" and this refers to the little green guy. That's his name. Why Atari decided to change the name of the game to the GOD AWFUL title of "Tower Toppler" is beyond me, it's the worst title change that could have possibly occured on such a fantastic game. So if you want to come up with your own name, be my guest, but I'll continue to call him by his true name.

I think you are right. In the original background story Nebulus (it's spelled without the 'o') was the name of the world. AFAIK they didn't gave a name for the little creature. However in Nebulus 2 for the Amiga, it's name was Pogo, I think. So why isn't that an option in your contest?

On the name change to Tower Toppler, I think in the US the computer versions of this game were distributed by Epyx (which might be the reason why Atari got the game on the 7800). Epyx had a habbit to always change the name for European games, that they were distributing in the US, for some strange reason.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg