IGNORED

What is your Favorite and Least Favorite Game

MrRetroGamer

There were a few of those overly complicated games for the 7800. Problem was they just ported alot of games straight from the computer and they didn't work with a two button controller. Games like Ace of Aces, F-14 Tomcat, and F-18 Hornet were just too complicated. Maybe if the 7800 keyboard had been released they might have worked better.

Tempest

LOL -- no kidding! I desperately wanted to like Tomcat as a kid because the box was cool and the graphics looked cool for a console. But any game where the reset has a main function in the game that isn't just reseting is TOO MUCH.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ballblazer if I have 2 players (human players that is)

Galaga if not

I need Klax for the 7800, it is one of my favorite Lynx games. I've wanted Ninja Golf, but never ordered it.

Karateka is my least favorite, but then I didn't like the arcade version either. I just don't like those games.

Is Crazy Climber available for the 7800?

Edited by TornadoTJ

Ballblazer if I have 2 players (human players that is)

Galaga if not

I need Klax for the 7800, it is one of my favorite Lynx games. I've wanted Ninja Golf, but never ordered it.

Karateka is my least favorite, but then I didn't like the arcade version either. I just don't like those games.

Is Crazy Climber available for the 7800?

I wish I had Klax : (

The game that gets the most play is Midnight Mutants,just a really fun game,i love the Halloween themed games.My least fave is probably Fight Night,cus it's so damned controller unresponsive,the graphics are neat .My choices would possibly change if i aquired more games,but i dont think anything can beat MM.Ninja Golf was a close choice for my fave,but i find it repetitive,and gets boring quickly,depite that,really nice looking game.I'm proud of all my 7800 games,some i just find more interesting than others.

Edited by Rik

• 7 months later...

If we're talking strictly 7800, then my favorites on any given day are Jr. Pac-Man, Klax, Beef Drop, Pac-Man Collection and Tower Toppler.

Least favorite... hmm... could be Super Huey, could be Touchdown Football. Neither does much for me. Not saying I won't play them, just I'm not into them that much.

• 11 years later...
On 8/13/2009 at 3:56 AM, MegaManFan said:

If we're talking strictly 7800, then my favorites on any given day are Jr. Pac-Man, Klax, Beef Drop, Pac-Man Collection and Tower Toppler.

Least favorite... hmm... could be Super Huey, could be Touchdown Football. Neither does much for me. Not saying I won't play them, just I'm not into them that much.

After thinking about this for 11 years, I gotta say my least favorite is still Realsports Baseball. That game still disappoints me. For best, either Midnight Mutants or Food Fight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's really hard to pick a favorite, but Robotron might be my top pick. The amount of fun that I've had playing that version of it far acceeds any other port of the game, and that makes it special for me. No other port at the time did a better job at replicating the frantic and psychedelic nature of the game than the 7800 version did. However, Food Fight and Xevious are definitely close behind. In fact, the 7800 Xevious is probably my favorite home port of the game. And if we're going to include homebrews, Rikki & Vikki easily makes the top spot. It's absolutely mindblowing what TailChao was able to pull off with that game.

As for the worst game, Karateka is god awful. I don't get how anyone can suffer through that game. Honestly, I don't like Karateka on ANY system that I've tried playing it on, but the 7800 port especially is vomit inducing. Besides that, there aren't any other 7800 games I've played that I can consider bad. But there's still a good number of games that I haven't played yet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

After thinking about this for 11 years, I gotta say my least favorite is still Realsports Baseball. That game still disappoints me. For best, either Midnight Mutants or Food Fight.

Glad you finally came to a decision. :D

• Like 1