IGNORED

Horizontal hold on Vectrex?

minorleagueguy

I recieved my Vectrex today, plugged it in, and a thin, horizontal line rons across the middle of the screen, the only knob on the back is a brightness knob. What can I do, I have a multi-cart to use, but cannot play because of this problem, any help would be great.

minorleagueguy

p.s. the sound is clear

• 5 weeks later...
I recieved my Vectrex today, plugged it in, and a thin, horizontal line rons across the middle of the screen, the only knob on the back is a brightness knob. What can I do, I have a multi-cart to use, but cannot play because of this problem, any help would be great.

Serious problem .. Sounds like a power board fault.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Lot of things could be wrong and I doubt it's the adjustment. There's a good chance you have a blown LM379 (which is a dual 6w op amp) It's used for driving the yoke but it's underrated since it was originally intended when Vectrex was planned to have 5" display and not 9" display it came out with. Unfortunately LM379 is as rare as Vectrex itself since Vectrex was one of the only 3 things I know of that uses that chip (2 arcade machines uses it for sound)