IGNORED

How do you Hack? (Invasion BIN)

neotokeo2001

Just curious of the process that everyone uses to hack a game.

I start going thru the games and playing them. I get an idea and start changing things as I go. I have no plan untill I actually start making changes. It just grows from the basic idea. None of my hacks are ever finished. I still go back and change things from time to time.

Heres a quick hack of M.A.D.

I thought it would be cool to shoot down Flying Saucers. I also came up with a really good helicopter that will be used in another hack. The Flying Saucers look bad in a screenshot but animated look really good. The screenshot only show 1 frame of the spinning effect.

post-3832-1071866421_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1071866422_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1071866423_thumb.jpg

Just curious of the process that everyone uses to hack a game.

I start going thru the games and playing them. I get an idea and start changing things as I go. I have no plan untill I actually start making changes. It just grows from the basic idea. None of my hacks are ever finished. I still go back and change things from time to time.

Heres a quick hack of M.A.D.  

I thought it would be cool to shoot down Flying Saucers. I also came up with a really good helicopter that will be used in another hack. The Flying Saucers look bad in a screenshot but animated look really good. The screenshot only show 1 frame of the spinning effect.

I think most of the hacks here are done with HOM(Hack-o-Matic)

then there are some who more expirenced with 2600 programing

so they just do staright.

there was also a program by Laz called "Atari Hacking for Dummies"

I used that for my keystone kappers hack unforately you can't do too much with AHD because you don't get all the games just some of it.

Dan Iacovelli