IGNORED

Adventure Plus Problem

StanJr

So I got Adventure Plus for Christmas and I must say I was impressed with it in the emu, but now I'm running into a problem:

Both times I have played it on game 3 the bat, several items and even dragons will simply go away for a LONG period of time and maybe for ever. Case in point:

I was playing game 3, had opened the black and gold castles, had killed the green dragon, had located the magnet, the sword and all 3 dragons. Had located the white key, THEN the bat grabs the key from me, and gives me the red dragon instead, of course this results in multiple deaths, all mine. So now I need that white key (the chalice and bridge have not been located). So I go a-hunting and am eaten several times in the process. Yet the longer I hunt, the less I see of the red and yellow dragons and naught do I see the white key. I explore EVERY part of the game I have access to repeatedly, nothing, not even the annoying bat. So I drag both keys out of their castles, hoping to bait the bat, nothing. Then as I am aimlessly wandering around, the bat appears out of nowhere carrying the yellow dragon. I immediately kill him and the bat takes off with the carcass.

Later, I find the yellow dragon's carcass elsewhere in the world, but nothing else (the bat had apparently traded for the green dragon carcass). So I wait, and I wait, and I wait about an hour (i left the game running and did other things checking the game from time to time) but NEVER did the bat, the white key, the red dragon, the chalice or the bridge EVER make an appearance.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I also had a brief bout of this in game 1, but the bat soon came back with the thing I needed and all was well.

I LOVE this game, but this makes it unplayable. What gives? :?

Hm.... I suppose that the room links might have been messed up (leading the bat/dragons to appear in game #1's black castle room, for example...which should be inaccessable in game 3). I do know that even in the original game, the bat and dragons have a possibility of entering rooms that they should not be able to. Try this: Pick up the key when starting game 1, and bring it to the yellow dragon (who will run away). There is a very good chance that it will now be INSIDE the black castle guarding the chalice. So perhaps it's just a glitch that has nothing to do with the data?

I haven't seen it playing it emulated, I don't think.

Yep...I notice that moving off at least one screen leads you to rooms that are supposed to be inaccessable in the beginning of the game. For example, the lower room directly east of the white castle catacombs. If you move south through this wall, you will be in a castle. Is that how the game is supposed to operate? That might have been intentional.

Hmmm. Interesting.

I played a Game 2 game today and got some new data. The bat would still disappear at times, but the main problem was NO CHALICE. I searched EVERYWHERE, dragged the magnet onto EVERY screen NO CHALICE. And then, as I was wandering aimlessly in despair, the Chalice appeared right in front of the entrance to the gold castle screen, NOT dropped by a bat, because I saw the bat the screen before carrying a black key that was NOT swapped for the Chalice (as the black key had been left INSIDE the black castle). Yet when I went to pick it up, I went RIGHT through it. It would later reappear in the same spot and I WAS able to pick it up and carry it to victory???

I have also located the flashing dash, but know not what to do with it????

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Hey Stan,

If you're playing it emulated, make sure you download the latest version from AA, I removed the bat from Game 1 in the final version, as it was removing items from locked castles.

I'm getting ready to send you a PM about game 2, I don't want to post it here since it's kind of a spoiler on how to beat it.

AM