IGNORED

Manci Games Magazine?

Anybody hear of this publication?  Actually I found it while browsing Ebay. Here is a web site:http://www.mancigames.com/.  First issue is supposed to come out in March.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...64&category=187

I saw them posted on the newsgroups. it will be cool to have a reto mag out. (I e-mailed them asking them if they would like to attend VGS'04)

• 5 weeks later...

I was one of the first to order a subscription. Their Ebay auctions do not require payment until the first issue is ready to go, but if you do pay up front, they throw in an extra 3 issues for free. I hope that this magazine does take off. It'd be nice to have an actual magazine dedicated to classic gaming.

• 1 month later...

Picked up a copy at Philly5.

I like it. I don't agree with some of the writing and reviews and some of the facts are sketchy at times, but overall I really enjoyed it and found myself reading it cover to cover.

I can't see paying what they are asking for it though, not yet anyway. I'd pay about half to 3/4 what they are currently asking.

That said, I like it.

I like it.  I don't agree with some of the writing and reviews and some of the facts are sketchy at times, but overall I really enjoyed it and found myself reading it cover to cover.

I can't see paying what they are asking for it though, not yet anyway.  I'd pay about half to 3/4 what they are currently asking.

That said, I like it.

Ditto with everything you said. I liked the interview with david crane, and the reviews are okay.

I might get a year of it, and if it takes off and goes for 12 years or something the first set will be worth money :D

I reread the Manci issue #1 today on my lunch break at work. Its really nice. There are only like 4 ads in the whole mag, so it is thankfully content heavy.

I do disagree with a few reviews, but that is to be expected, we don't all have the same tastes.

I think the Price Guide is a bit suspect as some of those prices are NEVER seen at shows or trade meets, and I wish it was organized by system a little better other than just a straight listings. Like use the system name as a header so it does not have to appear before each game title.

I did like the content though and thought it was all well presented. Not bad at all for a rookie effort! :)

I like it.  I don't agree with some of the writing and reviews and some of the facts are sketchy at times, but overall I really enjoyed it and found myself reading it cover to cover.

I can't see paying what they are asking for it though, not yet anyway.  I'd pay about half to 3/4 what they are currently asking.

That said, I like it.

Stan,

I kinda agree, its a wondefully presented publication, some of the writing and views weren't all quite in line, but I think since they are getting out of the gate, this is understandable and I'm sure it will improve overtime. A lot of new stuff has been showing up lately like the new game auction site, this mag and other things and I'm going to support the mag and subscribe.

Curt

I was very excited to see the first issue, and I was not let down. It's a full-blown magazine, no shortcuts have been made in its production. It was refreshing to sit on the plane home and read reviews of some of the classics and homebrews out there.

In case anyone is wondering, from my personal experience with Jayson (the chief editor and owner of the mag), he is a great guy and has only the best intentions.

Sincerely,

Jarett

I was very excited to see the first issue, and I was not let down.  It's a full-blown magazine, no shortcuts have been made in its production.  It was refreshing to sit on the plane home and read reviews of some of the classics and homebrews out there.

In case anyone is wondering, from my personal experience with Jayson (the chief editor and owner of the mag), he is a great guy and has only the best intentions.

Sincerely,

Jarett

Absolutely, I meet and spoke with Jayson at great length several times at the show, over at his booth and him over at my exhibit. He really seems like he wants to put out something worthwhile.

Curt

I think the Price Guide is a bit suspect as some of those prices are NEVER seen at shows or trade meets

Manci has a partnership of sorts with Digital Press, and I think that DP actually provides pretty much all the pricing information. DP always has rather odd prices, but they explain it like this (paraphrased): "Inevitably, you'll be in a situation when buying a game where someone tells you to 'make them an offer'... our prices are on the low side, such that you are guaranteed not to insult anyone with our offer. They also assume the cartridge is 'loose', without a box or manual (with some exceptions)". Basically, you're better off comparing the prices to other prices in the listing, rather than comparing them to your own experiences. If I could get Tax Avoiders for $12 or Texas Chainsaw Massacre for $30, you'd better believe I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Is MANCI some kind of acronym? Is it somebody's last name? What does it mean?

Manci Games FAQ[/url]]Q: What the heck is a "Manci" anyway?

A: Good question.  The first subscriber to guess the correct answer wins $250 and a free one year subscription. Got an idea? Send your guess to feedback@mancigames.com

--Zero