IGNORED

vector

hmm...... so is anyone working on this then? i would like to poke around with the editor a bit. send it trough my team members. since most my time is going to learning C++. I tihnk using a level editor isnt that hard if it is in english.

Just give me a link to the site where i can download it and i will see what i can do.

VECTOR's site has been removed as this project is discontinued...

As far as I know VECTOR looks similar to what was shown in NUMEN demo - few maps and objects... The main engine was completed I think, but the game definitely lacks:

- a cool intro

- many well good designed levels (that can be made on DUKE NUKEM 3D's editor!)

- nice objects and monsters

- music (can be done on request so no problem about this)

- some addons like title screen, loading screen...

- the end sequence (animated outro)

This is what I suppose. I took part in NUMEN demo (as graphician) and look and draw some data... but there really some more should be done...

As you can see, VECTOR wasn't easy game to prepare...

VECTOR's site has been removed as this project is discontinued...

As far as I know VECTOR looks similar to what was shown in NUMEN demo - few maps and objects...  The main engine was completed I think, but the game definitely lacks:

- a cool intro

- many well good designed levels (that can be made on DUKE NUKEM 3D's editor!)

- nice objects and monsters

- music (can be done on request so no problem about this)

- some addons like title screen, loading screen...

- the end sequence (animated outro)

This is what I suppose. I took part in NUMEN demo (as graphician) and look and draw some data... but there really some more should be done...

As you can see, VECTOR wasn't easy game to prepare...

thats all??????i could have supplied you with that

You must be a true genius if you dare to say you are able to do it all by yourself... ;)

You asked me about the tools I got from unfinished VECTOR game?

Well, they're available on the Internet - try GOOGLE'ing for MAPSTER or BUILD (editor for building map)... For further info I would have to look for in my CDs... :|

But the main problem is I don't have any source-codes from VECTOR. Maybe you should try to contact main author (FOX) who is also registered on this Forum... :roll:

Dracon,

That list doesnt look too big, esp if you ditch the cool intro/ending screen. The prvious discussion on what Fox needed didnt mention the Duke Nukem editor could be used for levels, I think a few folks here might be able to throw some stuff together (not Id quiality release level).

Now,

The bigger issue I think is the delivery mechanism. Was Vector written to work from Disk or Cart? I remember the memory requirements would be huge so having mega cart delivery would be the only reasonable way to play it - possibly on a 128K machine??????

You must be a true genius if you dare to say you are able to do it all by yourself... ;)

You asked me about the tools I got from unfinished VECTOR game?

Well, they're available on the Internet - try GOOGLE'ing for MAPSTER or BUILD (editor for building map)... For further info I would have to look for in my CDs... :|

But the main problem is I don't have any source-codes from VECTOR. Maybe you should try to contact main author (FOX) who is also registered on this Forum... :roll:

the 3d duke nukem level editor isnt hard. I tried that program when i was 12/13 years old. The only problem i had was putting water and adding doors. Ofcourse i was so young. Time to try it again. if it is xp compatible....

That list doesnt look too big,

well, maybe but it was written from my point of view...

The whole graphix engine is already coded, the main problem was with making those levels/gfx. Fox asked many time here and there about doing it and he didn't want to be the main boss of the VECTOR project...

So there was different tries to realize game, I even contacted S.Goss and he primarly agreed to be 'project manager'...

The prvious discussion on what Fox needed didnt mention the Duke Nukem editor could be used for levels,

that's strange, I was almost sure everybody really interested in it knows what tool are used... :?

The bigger issue I think is the delivery mechanism. Was Vector written to work from Disk or Cart?

maybe both? But I don't think it would require some heavy powerful machines... Just some xtra memory is recommended...

I remember the memory requirements would be huge

I don't think so (as far as I remember)...

THe game can be not as fast (dynamic) as it should - as you see in NUMEN's 3D world... but can be still playable... ;)

the 3d duke nukem level editor isnt hard.  (...) Time to try it again. if it is xp compatible....

Well, BUILD is not hard to work with but it requires a lot of creativity and cleverness as refers VECTORS. You cannot use all features that you would normally do when doing DN3D level. Only some options are possible and locations are smaller of course. :D

As far as I know BUILD runs on W95/W98 only as it's rather old program... :ponder:

Well, e-mail with attachement has been sent. 8)

I assume you are familiar with assembler (X-ASM) as it's strongly needed here. :) There are some maps included - you must compile them with X-ASM to see results on A8/emu ....

P.S. From the last moment - I have trouble with sending you the mail (1 MB). What's wrong? Enter another good e-mail!

Well' date=' e-mail with attachement has been sent. 8)

I assume you are familiar with assembler (X-ASM) as it's strongly needed here. :) There are some maps included - you must compile them with X-ASM to see results on A8/emu ....

P.S. From the last moment - I have trouble with sending you the mail (1 MB). What's wrong? Enter another good e-mail!

dragonforce_europe@hotmail.com. i will add you to my ICQ list so that you can send it trough there if required

Hey guys, don't give me that !#@$ Hotmail addys as I'm just unable to send to them. Every time I try, my mails come back (1MB or 5 MB - with Build added). So PM me with something different, really.

Dragonforce - what's your ICQ# ? 'Coz I don't see you (I conncect through Miranda)

Thanks to TMR you can download some Vector's data... :)

The address is:

http://80.0.9.63/vector.zip

and will be left online for two weeks from now on.

Note again, it's only a part of VECTOR's project, but give a try. You can search for BUILD yorself (or use MAPSTER which is a similar tool). In case of any 'technical' questions I say here: I won't answer (I'm no coder!). Source code is in X-ASM format and you have to study it carefully - that's all. 8)

Dracon,

Way back I asked about creating levels to Fox and got no answer - but that is old news now :)

Anyhow,

If someone gets things going and wants a level or 2 built let me know the editor and restrictions and I will work on something.

Im not good at the coding stuff on the 8bit though :(

Do you remember Boulderdash construction kit?? With this idea in mind it might be better if vector becomes a stand alone program without levels. As there are several people willing to create levels, why not make multiple level-disks, that you can attach to the main program.

For the official version we can select the best levels for the official level-disk.

-----

mux

Do you remember Boulderdash construction kit?? With this idea in mind it might be better if vector becomes a stand alone program without levels. As there are several people willing to create levels, why not make multiple level-disks, that you can attach to the main program.

For the official version we can select the best levels for the official level-disk.

-----

mux

just like the add ons for the duke nukem 3d? Sounds like a great plan to me!

• 4 weeks later...