IGNORED

Proto or ??????????

dinogamer

About a year ago i bought a lot of eprom chips with a reader on ebay. All the games i could get to work were identifiable all except this one. I havent been able to find a screen shot or even mention of this game anywhere. The only information i could get from the seller is that they bought it at an estate sale and thats about it.

post-3470-1074228419_thumb.jpg

post-3470-1074228420_thumb.jpg

post-3470-1074228421_thumb.jpg

post-3470-1074228422_thumb.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what that is. :? :? :?

I suppose it's possible another company was planning on releasing a game called Survivla Run (I'll have to check the rumor mill lists). It's also possible that it's some import game that we've never seen. Is this in NTSC format? More than likely you've found an unreleased game. Congrats! I'm looking forward to reading more about this one. :D

BTW even if you don't want to share the rom with the community (that's your decision), you should get the EPROMs backed up so they don't accidentally die on you. I'd hate to see a one of a kind game be lost forever.

Tempest

I am wondering game size on that. 24 leg chips could be 2732's, which would make that an 8K game. I do not see any bankswitching hardware, so most likely its a 4K using two 2516's or 2716's.

I have an old hacker's cart that he made and the switch is to disconnect the address line (thought he had to for 2K games I guess) that is not used. Is that what the switch does?

Way to go on the find!

Cassidy

BTW even if you don't want to share the rom with the community (that's your decision), you should get the EPROMs backed up so they don't accidentally die on you.  I'd hate to see a one of a kind game be lost forever.

Already done. 8)

You kow I was just thinking.  In a way that game looks a bit like Journey Escape.  I wonder if it could be a WIP version of it or something.  How exactly does it play?

Tempest

You have to collect all the "dots" on the screen without getting eaten to advance to the next. the blue is water you have to jump over, the black screen has no obsticles. Basicly just grab and run. the top picture is the transition from the black screen to the striped screen.

I am wondering game size on that.  24 leg chips could be 2732's, which would make that an 8K game.  I do not see any bankswitching hardware, so most likely its a 4K using two 2516's or 2716's.  

I have an old hacker's cart that he made and the switch is to disconnect the address line (thought he had to for 2K games I guess) that is not used.  Is that what the switch does?

Way to go on the find!  

Cassidy

The eproms are 2716's and the switch is used to switch between 2k and 4k mode. on this one it has to be set the the proper position for them to work.

And thanks to cpuwiz for backing it up for me :)

Maybe the other games it was found with would give a clue.  Were there any companies that dominated the lot?  If the company can be narrowed down that should help to identify the game.

Approx.

Atari 40 games (including the 3 sears exclusives)

Activision 12

imagic 3

data age 3

m-network 2

Parker bros 2

us games 1

coleco 1

I have misplaced a few but dont think they are from any company not listed.

An early guess would be Secret Agent by Data Age (they often used those large block-style numbers for scoring) and the gameplay has some very slight similarity to Cloak & Dagger. Those screenshots aren't clear, so what do the enemies look like? (of course if we tried to identify Adventure with this method we would have thought we'd discovered Triple Duck Attack)