IGNORED

Confrontation?

Marco

I have had the following item in my collection for a while, but I've never been able to find out if it's the real deal or not.

Perhaps some interesting pieces of information that could help to come to a conclusion:

- The guy I got this from also had a PGP-1 from Answer

- It came with an original manual

Any opinions?

Cheers,

Marco

Intersting. That label looks like a Pleasent Valley Video label, but I've never seen one printed before. Usually they just have that guys handwriting.

However if the guy also had a PGP-1 I'd say that this is the real deal. What are the odds of him having a real PGP-1 and a fake Confrontation?

BTW is that a ROM chip or an EPROM under that shield?

Tempest

Unfortunately, I can't see enough under the shield to determine if it's a ROM or an EPROM. It looks pretty flat, I cannot see a window, but I just cannot be sure.

Tempest, if this were to come from Pleasant Valley Video, would it make it a fake? Or can you confirm the story that they bought up the old stock from Answer, including chips for Gauntlet and Confrontation, which they put into generic cases?

Cheers,

Marco

i think russ perry and sam twiford had direct contact with PVV. i have only heard second-hand stories. i think sam said that he got a tube of confrontation chips from PVV, but never was able to get them working once mounted on a board. can anyone tell just by looking at that photo if there is anything unusual about the board design?

marco, is the manual in the same format as malagai and gauntlet or is it a sheet of paper from a typewriter?

• 4 weeks later...