IGNORED

Game Hack Idea

Mendon

After reading another "Ghost in a Jar" auction on eBay (they seem to get cancelled quick as its gone now) I got to thinking that someone ought to hack KaBoom! so that instead of buckets you have jars and instead of bombs you have Haunted House ghosts that you have to catch. Call it "Ghost In A Jar: The Game" and make a fortune off of it on eBay.

Mendon

good idea, but Activision has a stranglehold on the ROMS so any hack you make is totally illegal and definitely NOT for sale. :)

LOL.. yeah, I know. I probably should have put a "j/k" or a smiley at the end. Was just a wacky idea that hit me while reading the auction that anything based on "ghost in a jar" would sell big on eBay :D

Maybe turn the Bomber into the Grim Reaper and instead of a "SCORE" you have "PAYPAL BUCKS".

Mendon

good idea, but Activision has a stranglehold on the ROMS so any hack you make is totally illegal and definitely NOT for sale. :)

Not if one were to hack Eggomania. That game is similar to Kaboom except that you shoot the eggs back at the bird(right?) after you catch all of the ones in a certain round.

This is what controls the shape of the "egg": (used Distella for this one)

LF832: .byte $C6,$CD,$30,$01,$60,$4C,$6B,$F8

I've gotten my Eggomania to use ghost shaped image rather than egg Now if I can figure out how to get the color of the "egg"to be white rather than green. And maybe to change the yellow egg goo on the bottom (from when you miss) to something else. What color?

Shape of the bowl is at $A0B, data $FF,$7F,$7F,$3F,$1F,$0F,$00. I'm going to change that to jar shaped. Need to change color as well. How?

good WIP, the ghosts look pretty good, maybe a little thin at the bottom.  The jar looks like a hat when you first fire the game up.

Are you going to work on the bird and bear?

The white line appears briefly when you start a new game. I don't know where that is in the code since it isn't part of the actual image. I'd have to figure that later. I need to study the 2600 coding a lot more than a simple graphical hack as I'd like to change the color as well.

I may work on the bear if someone can provide an artistic suggestion since I suck in graphic. The actual image in the game is only half of the bear since it's mirrored for the second half so it;'d have to be symmentry. I don't know about the bird though, you're talking at least a dozen different images!!! just to animate the bird walking, feather flying when you hit it, and the flying up. It's a lot of work and changing the color's also tricky. I think I'll leave the bird, it looks silly when it gets hit. :D