IGNORED

POLYVOX question

atari70s

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?Sof...areLabelID=1425

this is claimed to be a Polyvox cart. I have an Enduro cart that exact same way. with it just saying Activision. However i have a 2nd Enduro cart with Enduro on the end label and on the top label says Activision AND Polyvox.

im not saying at all silver wraparound Activision games are not polyvox either. I have a wrap around Decatalono cart that is a Silver Wraparound label on the front it says Activision and POLYVOX . so i question River Raids Polyvoxness( if thats a word) i have my Enduro version like this in my activisions and the enduro taht says Polyvox in with the polyvox

Yes, if you want them you can use them. If you want I can make too some small Lable scans, but the Brazil games look most not very good.

By the way, you can use all my pictures on my Website, but you can't link to them, because this is not working. The best is if you download them and upload them on your own Server.

If you find in interesting game you can use them. I get today a very cool looking Tom Boy (Pit Fall) cart. The Lable has a picture thats look like Pitfall, but the game itself is Tom Boy (Pitfall hack with diffrent graphic). You can't jump over the dog that walk in the buttom (scorpion in Pitfall) and there are no alligators in the sea, only green fields.

But all my pictures on my site 100 dpi, if you want better scans I can send them too you, but not to many at once. Tell me what you want and I make it. But maybe some Collectors has better looking Lables as my games.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

HES games was a company in Australia. And the lables look a bit diffrent too.

Most they have a big text under the picture from the game, or a very great looking picture Lable.

The Activision releases has not so a big text, only a smaller text over the picture.

And Brazil look silver and sometimes with Polyvox sometimes not. And some Paker Games has the Activision ogo too.

> http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?Sof...areLabelID=1425

It is a Polyvox cart.

It also says "produzido na Zona Franca de Manaus" - it means the cart was produced in Manaus city, Amazonas state, Brazil.

Like atari70s, I also have two Enduro carts, one just saying Activision and another saying both Activision and Polyvox (this with black top label).

I have one Robot Tank and one Frogger carts with the same cart design (with Activision logo in back) and the same label type, but saying both Activision and Polyvox. But instead of screenshots in the label they have a picture.

Best regards,

Sergio

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone.

As Sérgio said, all of those (from the pictures) are Polyvox Cart´s.

Although it has an Activision stamp on its back, those cart´s were imported from US (I believe) and had its labeling in Brazil, acctualy, in Zona Franca de Manaus, whitch is a city in the middle of the amazon forest (so you can tell that that cartridge had really traveled.)

During the 80´s, importing goods to Brazil was very expensive, unless they were made through Manaus, and as raw material. So labelling here was a way to make taxes go lower.

Both versions of the Enduro cartridges are Polyvox.

I was wondering if anyone would like to make a Rarity Guide to those cartridges.

Sérgio: Ainda vou fazer os Paddlers funcionarem ;-)

Hug´s

Contieri

Thanks for the info. I hope I can get one of those in Brazil. Then, I´ll tell you if it does reflect the market in here or not.

Please do so, I'm very interested to know as I wrote that part of the Digital Press Guide :wink:

We have lowered the rarity and values of Brazilian 2600 games in this edition of the Guide significantly. As more and more Brazilians find their way to eBay it appears that these games are not as rare as we expected. San-D, also a member of this board, went to Brazil himself and found out that you can still find tons of Atari 2600 games. Only problem is to find them in a nice condition, or boxed.

Of course, there are rare games for sure, like the Splicevision carts and supercharger tapes, but most of the bigger brands like Polyvox, CCE, Dactar, Dynacom, Genus, Digivision, Shockvision, Applevision, JF, Imagic, Robby, Zirok, Gran Match, Fotomania, etc etc appear to be quite common.

Or am I completely wrong?

Cheers,

Marco

Hi Marco,

No, you're not wrong at all. Anyone who goes donwtown with a few bucks can get most of them. That happens because in Brazil we do have a market selling them, and not a lot of people buying. But that is because in Brazil, most collectors just don't considerate on buying brazilians carts for their collection. I just buy titles in Brazilian Clones if I can't find the original versions of it, and I pass it on when I find the original one. I bet that San-D came back with a bag full of carts from his trip ;-)

I'm not quite sure of how was your guide made (its criteria, methodology, market analisys etc - gotta get the magazine - which is going to be tought) so maybe a cart that is popular here, is not so popular in europe, for an instance. And vice-versa! It's all about points of view: How many people are willing to buy those carts vs. how many are available. In Brazil, maybe you can find them in the garbage can!

I saw those eBay auctions and I'm trying to find a way to work with it, but it's difficult to export something from Brazil and get payed. If you have any tips...

Regards,

Contieri

I saw those eBay auctions and I'm trying to find a way to work with it, but it's difficult to export something from Brazil and get payed. If you have any tips...

PayPal and Billpoint are the safest way if you have a credit card. Otherwise, well concealed cash by registered mail seems to be the only option. :roll:

Cheers,

Marco

Heck, I'll pay around $4-5 for even the most common Brazillian titles.. they make great trade bait up here, even if they are dirt common.  

Hi KA,

That is the prob.! I can´t get your money from here, but I´m willing to trade carts, like Brazilian for american. And I´m also looking for a wood front Atari too. If you have one of those (with box, preferred) I could send you a batch of brazilian carts. What do you say?

This goes also to anyone who would like to get brazilian carts too!!

Hugs,

Ricardo

• 1 month later...

Hi Marco,

I don't have the DPG yet, I'm very curious about the rarity and values of Brazilian Atari 2600 cartridges on DPG. :)

In my oppinion, loose Polyvox, CCE, and Dactar are the most common cartridges, with a few exceptions (e.g., CCE yellow-label series). Dynacom is not so common, I took some time to find my first Dynacom cartridge. Applevision is common but not so common as the Dactar 4-in-1(from the same manufacturer). Digivision carts are common, but is hard to find ones with reasonable label (the label is fragile and thin).

Some manufacturers are from Rio de Janeiro, so there are some regional differences of findings (e.g., in São Paulo). I never found a Fotomania cartridge, for example.

Best regards,

Sergio

Please do so, I'm very interested to know as I wrote that part of the Digital Press Guide  :wink:

We have lowered the rarity and values of Brazilian 2600 games in this edition of the Guide significantly. As more and more Brazilians find their way to eBay it appears that these games are not as rare as we expected. San-D, also a member of this board, went to Brazil himself and found out that you can still find tons of Atari 2600 games. Only problem is to find them in a nice condition, or boxed.  

Of course, there are rare games for sure, like the Splicevision carts and supercharger tapes, but most of the bigger brands like Polyvox, CCE, Dactar, Dynacom, Genus, Digivision, Shockvision, Applevision, JF, Imagic, Robby, Zirok, Gran Match, Fotomania, etc etc appear to be quite common.

Or am I completely wrong?

Cheers,

Marco