IGNORED

Atari Lynx cart types & protos

glitch

I absolutely love the Lynx section. Great job. I've been keeping my own list of games & rarity values in a spread sheet for the last year or so and was waiting for someone to develop a comprehensive list. For the most part the values I came up with are very close to yours.

I don't know if it makes any difference but SFX by Songbird Productions was originally released on a green PCB 3 card instead of the black one. The green PCB is the type that I have. I believe Revenant was also released on the green PCB style but I don't actually own one to verify that.

The following cart seems to be missing:

BLL Loader Cart by Bastian Schick

Also I have seen mention of the following prototypes but don't know if they actually saw the light of day. If anyone is interested I can try to see what info I can dig up.

Bleaker

Blood & Guts Hockey

Blue Earth

Cabal

Edward 2000

Evergreen

Fire by Bastian Schick

Full Court Press Basketball

Guardians: Storm Over Doria

Heavyweight Contender

Iron Reign

Ninja Nerd

Paralemmings by Laurens Simonis

Puzzler 2000 by Bastian Schick?

R3K

R.C. Destruction Derby

Road Fury

Rolling Thunder

Spacewar

The Furies

TNT Larry by Laurens Simonis

Ultra Star Raiders

Wolfenstein 3D

Zow

I've seen screen shots & roms for a number of the above.

Interesting

R3K was the name of the game that Team 13 began for Dark Kight Games. After the two companies parted on bad terms in early 1999, the R3K project was dropped. The only pieces of the game that still exist is a computer version that was done in Visual Basic so that the development team could learn what it wanted to do before putting it into a smaller console.

I know all this since the GOAT Store is made up of the previous Team 13 members There is no true "prototype" for R3K, although if people are interested perhaps we could put the game on the GOAT Store for people to check out.

Hi Glitch,

Thanks for the information and list of protos. I just got back from a week long trip to California, so I haven't had a chance to respond before now. I'll update the information on the SFX cart, and it would be great to get a scan of it (front and back) so we can add it to the database. I'll also see what info I can track down about the BLL Loader Cart that we're missing.

For the list of protos, any that have been verified to exist in some fashion we can add to our main list. Any that are "vaporware" we'll be adding to a separate section of the site (which isn't done yet). It's useful to know which company was developing which titles, and if the ROMs are floating around that helps as we can then take screenshots. I know there is some info on unreleased Lynx games in the Lynx FAQ--I need to check that out a bit more thoroughly.

Any additional info you can provide regarding these titles would be much appreciated (including the screenshots and ROMs you mentioned).

Thanks!

Well I guess I can tak R3K off my list of possibly obtainables. Thanks for the info Dan.

I picked up a few of the roms & screenshots but am not sure the best way to get them to you. Should I email them? or I can temporarily put them on my FTP server.

The ones I got are:

Zow by Harry Dodgson, 1996. Looks like it never made it past the test stage.

Road Riot by Atari, 1994. Fully playable

Puzzler 2000 by Markus Wuhl. Playable but slightly buggy.

ParaLemi! by Laurens Simonis. Still in the test stage.

Loopz by Handmade Software. Fully playable

LoadRunner by Doug Smith?. Playable

Eye of the Beholder by NuFx or Atari? (both names are on the title screen). Appears to be a Demo or test.

Centipede by Shadowsoft or Atari? (both names are on the title screen). Playable but course.

I'll keep looking and get a few more. Let me know the best way to get the pics of the SFX cart to you and I'll send them. Carl posted a message in the Lynx message board concerning different Songbird cart types also.

Geez, I should read my own list before posting.

You already had most of the ones listed. I compared them to my list of protos and not yours. Sorry.

But at least there's Zow, ParaLemmings, and Puzzler 2000.

I don't think any of them were ever burned though. I believe I saw Road Fury but picked up Road Riot instead. I'll go back and check.