IGNORED

Bilingual Tennis

Cauldron

I was going through my local thrift store (AGAIN!), and picked up about 15 Atari titles...all are pretty common except for Armor Ambush.

I picked up Tennis, which I know to be fairly common. However, in looking at the cartridge scan on this site, I noticed a BIG difference. Mine is biligual. Instead of saying just TENNIS on the end, it says TENNIS LE TENNIS.

The front of the cartridge also says TENNIS LE TENNIS, it has the same picture, but the instructions on the front are for GAME 1 in english on the left hand side, and GAME 1 in french on the left hand side.

Now, I live in Canada where it's law that everything sold has to have both english and french, ON THE PACKAGING! There is no law that states french has to be on game cartridge labels. Besides, no other Atari game that I have found originally sold in Canada with french on the label.

Did I pick up a rare find? YES it's NTSC, YES it's in Activision green. NO it's not Zellers.

Any help would be appreciated.

pretty close Matty, but not exactly what i was thinking about. i think you are referring to the europe/CBS version of Smurf, for which there was also a CBS version called Schtroumpf (i think i have that version also, but i'd have to search for it to make sure). what was the "complete title" of the Coleco version released in canada?

I'm actually going to be putting on this Tennis/Le Tennis on Ebay by next week. Look for it at GPDCOMICS. I just happened to buy a huge lot from Canada and the guy had a boxed one (sorry, box and instructions are going in my collection), but I already had the game, so the extra one gets sold.

Phil

• 1 month later...

It looks like I never posted the answer to my question. Here is the title of the Smurf game released in Canada:

Schtroumpf Au Chateau de Gargamel

I recall a discussion on a different board where someone claimed that the gameplay for this version was different than the regular Smurf game. But when I played them side-by-side, I could not tell any difference.