IGNORED

Attachments in Private Messages

Albert

If you have any private messages with attachments, you will want to save these attachments on your local computer as they will not be making the migration to the new software. We will leave the existing forum running in read-only mode for a period of time after the migration, but we still suggest you save any attachments on your local computer as they will not be available indefinitely.

Just to clarify, private messages WILL make the migration, but any files attached to them will NOT.

..Al

OMG! My inbox is almost full, and I mainly kept mails with attachments.

Please tell me in advance when the switch is going to happen.

Better start saving those attachments so you're not caught with a small amount of time before we make the transition. :) We will leave the existing forum online in read-only mode, so you'll still be able to get at your attachments if you don't copy them in time. But the old forum won't be around forever.

..Al

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am actively working on the conversion from the old forum to the new, and I have nearly completed my work on the software to import all 5,800+ members, 700,000+ messages, and 25,000+ attachments. I have made improvements to the conversion routines so attachments in private messages are now converted, so my earlier statement, "Make sure you save all your private messages!" is no longer a concern. :)

..Al

I am actively working on the conversion from the old forum to the new, and I have nearly completed my work on the software to import all 5,800+ members, 700,000+ messages, and 25,000+ attachments.  I have made improvements to the conversion routines so attachments in private messages are now converted, so my earlier statement, "Make sure you save all your private messages!" is no longer a concern.  :)

..Al

Thanks for putting in the effort for us. It's appreciated!