IGNORED

O2 Ebay fool

PickAxePete

I wonder if some of these sellers on eBay do searches for the same item before they post a selling price.

A week or so ago, someone was selling the Odyssey Voice module at a starting price of $97.

Of course, no one bit.

Yes, it was never used, came in box, like it was on the store shelf yesterday. But really. $100?

Since no one wanted to shell out $100 for the Voice, the seller placed in on auction again. This time at $77.

I figured no one would buy it for even that price, but someone did. :roll:

NOW,

I see the Odyssey 2 "Power Lords" cartridge up for auction.

Just the cartridge, no instructions, no box, no nothing.

The game. It works. $99.

I know this game is rare, but I'm not that much of a collector to shell a $100 for that game. It's an O2 game, which means its not that advanced.

I've seen some interesting auctions. An Astrocade listed at $9.95 and selling for $200. You never know.

But I can see this cartridge sit till the auction expires. Maybe the seller will wise up and lower the price to something reasonable like the Odyssey Parker Brother cartridges, Super Cobra, Popeye & Q*bert.

(I missed out on bidding with those cause i forgot to check on them last night) :(

If you sell on ebay, remember to do a search first and get a feel for what your item goes for.

Maybe the seller will wise up and lower the price to something reasonable like the Odyssey Parker Brother cartridges, Super Cobra, Popeye & Q*bert.

I saw those carts and if I would have had some spare change hanging around in my pocket I would have bid on them. Very nice looking games in what looked to be excellent condition.

But since I have the multi-cart and can play them, guess I'll just wait to either win the lottery and buy the originals or find them in a garage sale for $5 each :D

Mendon

The game. It works. $99.

I know this game is rare, but I'm not that much of a collector to shell a $100 for that game. It's an O2 game, which means its not that advanced.

Considering how rare Power Lords is, that price seems about right to me. Or are you talking about about this ColecoVision version? (I didn't even know this existed)

I'm not about to pay $100 for an Odyssey^2 game either, but there have been much more primitive games sold for much higher values than that.

--Zero

I'm probably going to invest in the multi-cart too.

I don't know.

PowerLords, if it came with the box and everything, i can see a start price at $60. I'm sure it would go up, but the cartridge alone with nothing else at $99 seems a bit extreme for me.

I've seen a few different strategies with seem to work out for some.

One is to sell carts individually.

Another is to sell them as a bundle.

I saw one group of O2 games, 20 I think, and it went for $51. I bought the unit with $43 games for $46, so I didn't get in on the $51 for 20 games. It did have Turtles and computer Golf, two games I still don't have, but I set limits. I collect for the enjoyment of playing. Not because I think there's value in the thing ten years from now.

I have a lot of doubles in some O2 games (and a few triples), which, when I upgrade my home computer and get a camera, I intend on selling on ebay. I'll probably bundle them in groups though. When I'm ready, if anyone needs any O2 games, let me know. If you Paypal, I can give you first dibs.

I have the O2 multi-cart and its definitely worth it. I too wouldn't pay that much for Power Lords though, nor any O2 game that I can think of. Unless you're REALLY into the system, I think it's easy enough to find games for normal prices and fill in the blanks with the multi-cart...

PowerLords, if it came with the box and everything, i can see a start price at $60. I'm sure it would go up, but the cartridge alone with nothing else at $99 seems a bit extreme for me.

I had to fight fiercely to pay only $160 for a complete Power Lords with box 'n' docs about two and a half years ago. I'm gonna have to say that $99 may not be far off for a loose cart. There's a lot of folks looking for that game, and only a few willing to part with it (it's a pleasant flavor of rarity: it's rare and fun), so expect to put up a fight and pay.

If anyone needs a manual for Power Lords so they can play it on the multicart, you can find the scans here, or just read about the game in general (with copious screen shots) here.

l4.jpg

The game. It works. $99.

Considering how rare Power Lords is, that price seems about right to me. Or are you talking about about this ColecoVision version? (I didn't even know this existed)

I knew the ROM existed . . . But I thought it was an unreleased proto . . . And that the only game Probe/North American Philips released for the CV was War Room . . . Maybe I'll stumble across one of the other 39 . . . It is a pretty sweet game once you figure it out.

I'm not about to pay $100 for an Odyssey^2 game either, but there have been much more primitive games sold for much higher values than that.

Well, considering that either Power Lords is probably less common than some R9's on the 2600 . . .