IGNORED

How many ITT Family Games exists?

brabel

As far as I know the 8 games you already own are the only ones, which have been released (Alien's Return and Meteor Defense in cardboard boxes, the rest of them in the plastic boxes).

The other three games never saw the light of day but there were several ads in the German "TeleMatch" magazines for 'em.

MarcO

Hey Marc,

What's up with that? Collecting boxes like crazy and now using the nick "MarcO"? Hmm, I better watch my girlfriend

I know one German collector that says he has Pumuckl I. The story is that you could get it through mail order. However, I've not seen a scan of the game, so it's still an unconfirmed rumour.

Best,

Marco

Hello,

I own the following ITT Family Games:

Alien's Return

Cosmic Town

Fire Birds

Hell Driver

Laser Base

Meteor Defense

Mountain Man

Peter Penguin

But I read from the GameReset Page about this ITT Family Games:

Base Attack

Pumuckl I

Wilma Wanderer

Does this three Games realy exists? I never seen a Cart of them...

Bye,

brabel

@MarcoK

Hehe, don't worry about your girlfriend. I am quite happy with mine;) I usually use MarcO or MaO, but I guess I will use MaO up from now to prevent confusion:)

ITT

The first advertisments for ITT Family Games, a sub-division of ITT Schaub Lorenz (a former major player in the European consumer electronic) were found in the german video game mag „Telematch“, 10/11 1983. ITT released 3 games in their „Perry Rhodan“-series, „Cosmic Town“, „Laser Base“ and „Fire Birds“. They all came in plastic boxes, shaped and sized like video-film boxes. Also in that issue is an advertisment for a double game pack, including „Alien's Return“ and „Meteor Defense“ (those two seem to be the only games to be sold in usual paper boxes).In issue 12/83 there are ads for „Peter Penguin“ and „Pumuckl I“, two games of their „Pumuckl“-series. Pumuckl - a red-haired gnome - is a popular german children's book character („Wilma Wanderer“ is the 3. in the Pumuckl-series, a release is not confirmed yet). Two games shown on another side are „Mountain Man“ and „Hell Driver“.The carts are shaped like Atari-carts, with front and end label. The label background shows space (different shades of blue with white stars), there is always a drawn picture of the game on the front, the name is printed in yellow-orange colour. There is always a model number on the label.All ITT games are clones or rip offs from Homevision- and R.J.P.G.-games. It is not known if these games were licencend to ITT. Stephan has one cart, where the ITT label has been pasted over an original Homevision label (but due to the confusing PAL-pirate situation the original games could be from another company, hehe, nobody knows who pirates whom:)...

German Title P# Type Remarks

Alien’s Return 554-33391 Clone Col’N‘ – Homevision

Cosmic Town 554-33375 Clone Base Attack – Homevision

Fire Birds 554-33383 Ripoff Assault – Bomb

Hell Driver 554-37729 Clone Traffic – R.J.P.G.

Laser Base 554-33367 Clone World End – Homevision

Meteor Defense 554-33391 Clone Astrowar – Dimex; © Homevision

Mountain Man 544-37737 Clone Ski Hunt – R.J.P.G.

Peter Pinguin 554-37338 Clone Brick Kick – R.J.P.G.

Pumuckl I ??? ?? Panda Chase – Homevision

MaO

[ 05-13-2001: Message edited by: MaO ]