IGNORED

Robsterman and Me, My Final Response

Tempest

I know you've all been reading these stupid posts between me and Robsterman. Some of you find it funny, but most people (including myself) are becoming annoyed. This is why I want to say the following things and never speak of Robsterman agian.

I want to make this perfectly clear, I AM NOT HIS FRIEND! We are not pals, I've never talked to him outside this message board. I don't know where he keeps getting this stuff from but he's never contacted me about taking quotes and info from my page, rewording it, and claiming it's his or it's some stupid statement I've made. So his response in the post titled "I shouldn't have said anything" is a big ass lie.

Secondly, regardless of what he's been saying, he's never apologized for anything he's said to me but I don't care. Quite frankly I don't want to deal with him any more. He's nothing but a troll (not the D&D monster, the internet term). He's purposely baiting me and other people by claiming he's the greatest, he's got the best list, we're just jealous, etc., etc. The reason I've been singled out is because I stupidly fed into it. The rest of you just ignored him and he left you alone (If only I had been that smart).

I don't know why he get's his kicks off of negitive comments and stirring up trouble and I don't really want to know. Bottom line, is that I'm not going to respond to anything else he says even if it's a some lie about me. I'm going to quit feeding into his sick little plot and if the rest of you were smart you'd join me. I'm sure your all intelligent enough to see through his little chrades anyway. I shouldn't have to keep defending my chracter from someone like him.

Take this message however you'd like. I'm sure he's going to have some snappy little come back or play the old "I've been trying to apologize, your just not willing to accept" line (God knows he might he pretend to agree with me). Either way just remember to take anything Robsterman says about me with a grain of salt because it's most likely not true!

There I've said my piece on this matter. As far as I'm concerned it's closed. I'm not dealing with anymore Robsterman releated issues. Thanks for your patience through this little mess, hope your not all pissed off at me.

Tempest

It's best to just ignore some people. As I stated in an earlier post, I'm just a "newbie", but I do know the best way to deal with people that just want to be a thorn in your side. Just ignore them.

If you give someone negative attention, you are still giving them attention. People that like to flame/bash are living off of any sort of attention you can give them. If you just ignore them, they don't gain any power from you. And you get the added bonus of not getting stressed out.

Sage like advice from the new guy! Your wise beyond your years. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Using powers given to me by the ancient Atari Gods I now elevate you from your newbie status. Use your new powers wisely.

Tempest

LOL....thanks.

Actually, I learned a lot of lessons about flamers back in my BBS years. This seems like a very good community, and everyone seems to be as enthusiastic about video games as a whole like I am, so I look forward to sharing and learning with others.

BTW, does anyone know of any sites similar to this that deals with the collecting of prototypes/games/ROMS from other classic systems or maybe even the NES/Genesis/SNES? For the newer systems, I'm not so much concerned with the ROMS as I am in hearing about lost games, rare games, prototypes etc...

Sure. My other favortie site is the Digital Press page: http://www.digitpress.com/index2.htm

The Atari Gaming Headquarters is a great site: http://www.atarihq.com/

The Atari Historical Society has info on some really rare things: http://www.atari-history.com

The Classic Video Games Nexus has some good stuff (and a bunch of links): http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/

And of course there's my site. I specialize in prototype information (it's kind of my passion): http://www.msu.edu/user/reicher6/

Those should get you started.

Tempest

Thanks for the links. I was browsing Digital Press, and a game came to mind that I can't find on the list here on Atari Age or on Digital Press. I distinctly remember a game titled "Friday the 13th" when I was a kid. I may be mistaking it for Halloween, but I am quite sure that it was Friday the 13th. Does anyone else remember this game?

There's a Nintendo game called Friday the 13th. It's an ok movie adaptation by LJN.

There was also a game planned for the Colecovision called Friday the 13th (not based on the movie) but it was never made.

Tempest

Hello all. Look, I've know Robsterman for years and he's quite a character. I'm not here to defend him although a lot of you don't seem to understand his harmless sense of humor. Tempest, you and others can certainly ban Rob if you so desire, but I think silencing him is just plain wrong. The whole point of these message boards is to create a community and spark conversations and discussions. That also sometimes means debating differences of opinion. I've disagreed with Rob many times over the years, but I've never tried to ban him or censor him. It's easy to put duct tape over someone's mouth when we don't like what they're saying, but it's not so easy all the time to counter what they're saying through our own thoughts and ideas. But sometimes, things that aren't so easy are still more noble and the right thing to do.

Anyway, do what you have to do. But by banning him you just might be making a martyr out of the Robsterman.

Unban the Robsterman.

Peace out, and happy gaming everyone. It's all in fun. Those who think otherwise are taking this way too seriously, IMHO. Check out some of the other posts on Retrogaming Roundtable and tell me honestly if Robsterman deserved to be silenced for expressing his opinions.

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Kikstad ]

Temple Brain:

OK - here is what I do not understand. You go off saying that I am trying to turn people against you and you won't put me down anymore, and now, lookee here.

What is with your post, anyway? How insecure are you? And where is your sense of humor?

After you say that you will not rank on me, let's see what you have to say...

"This is why I want to say the following things and never speak of Robsterman agian."

Didn't you already say that you will NEVER

speak of the Robsterman again? Then, I don't know what frosted your weinie, but you felt the need to speak of me again!!!

I didn't even comment about how you modified your own web site because of me. I take a quote from your web page, and then, when you see that you will be made fun of, you modify your own web site.

You like milk and cookies? So what? What's the big deal? And just because you don't have a girlfriend because you're in love with the Atari 400, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

You should really stop worrying about what people think.

Moving right along...

"I want to make this perfectly clear, I AM NOT HIS FRIEND! We are not pals, I've never talked to him outside this message board. I don't know where he keeps getting this stuff from but he's never contacted me about taking quotes and info from my page, rewording it, and claiming it's his or it's some stupid statement I've made."

Look, I already told you, I didn't know she was your ex-girlfriend, and that was before I was married. Had I known you still had feelings for her, I would have rejected her application when she applied to be my serving wench.

And if you want to tell the whole world that we were never friends, that's fine by me.

Seriously, you should get help about the ex-girlfriend incident. If you're still upset after all these years, you need help.

We are concerned for you.

"Secondly, regardless of what he's been saying, he's never apologized for anything he's said to me but I don't care."

Fair enough, I, the Robsterman, apologize for the "serving wench" incident. Seriously, if I had known you were still in love with her, I wouldn't step on you like that.

So, you have an official apology. Now, when you get yourself straightened out, you can stop your retreat in Michigan, and return back to the East Coast.

"The rest of you just ignored him and he left you alone (If only I had been that smart)."

Look, nobody's saying that you're stupid. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and you're a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal, but nobody is saying that you're stupid.

"I'm going to quit feeding into his sick little plot and if the rest of you were smart you'd join me."

Hey everybody, lookee lookee, Tempest is now calling you stupid. By saying, "if the rest of you were smart you'd join me," he is impying that you are not intelligent.

Nice. These people back you up, and you rank on them. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

"Thanks for your patience through this little mess, hope you're not pissed off at me."

Tempest, I didn't know you were that upset. Of course, I am not pissed off at you.

Tempest, Tempest, Tempest, let me make this perfectly clear.

I, THE ROBSTERMAN, FORGIVE YOU!!! After all, if I cannot forgive my Robbamaniacs, what kind of leader would I be?

And Tempest, you are hereby reinstated to the official post of the Chief Great Lakes Robbamaniac.

Hey, Mr. Joe Hand-Coolie:

Stop with this hurting business. Enough already!!! Temple for Toffee 2084 is a big boy. He can take care of himself.

Like I said, I am cool with anyone who is cool with me. But, it seems that you and him get your kicks out of putting me down. Then, when I retaliate, you all get so pissy.

Do me a favor and stay on your own little board. Stop corrupting this one with your nonsense.!!!

As an admin, you reek. You have no idea what it is to be fair. You allow Tempest and all of his little cronies pile up on me, but, when I retaliate, they cry to you, and you knock me off your board.

Fine! No problem!

Then, your little band continues to mock me WEEKS after I leave your board.

You do nothing.

You post some sort of challenge, daring me to post again on your board.

Just to shut you up, I post ONE last post.

Now, you're begging me to post some more.

Dude, if you want me on your board, just let me know. These games you are playing are foul.

And for someone who is this great Atari guy, what are you posting? No, all you can do is become obsessed with the Robsterman.

If you're on this board, why not post something about ATARI? Hmmm?

Otherwise, you can take you, Temple for no Brains until 2084, and anyone else who gets their kicks out of picking on people, and ooze and ferment within your own site.

And anytime either of you want to say what's on your mind, simply step into the Robsterman's fight forum at:

http://pub3.ezboard.com/ftherobsidefightforum

Leave this site alone! Don't infect it like you did your own site!

And if you have a problem with me, face me man to man on my board.

Leave this one for the Atari collectors.

You know what I find the most funny about robsterman's posts?

The sheer length and quantity of his posts! Who has the time, the energy, or the need for attention to write these things except for robsterman? It sure doesn't say much for him. This one needs a hard lesson in brevity.

Not to mention the incredible hypocrisy:

If you're on this board, why not post something about ATARI? Hmmm?

Leave this site alone!  

If this hadn't gone on so long, it WOULD be funny.