IGNORED

Indy 500 XE Track Design Contest - Winners Announced!

Albert

BTW: That archive is only 17k if you use 7-zip. (Attached -- trim off the .zip file extension and throw through a 7-zip compatible package.)

I need to find and install a good ZIP archiver for OS X. The one built into the OS is a piece of junk, and not only does it generate large ZIP files (so much for compression), it also adds OS-related files that do not need to be included. Unfortunately the archive you gave me won't unzip in OS X, so I'd rather stick to one that everything can open.

..Al

I need to find and install a good ZIP archiver for OS X.  ... Unfortunately the archive you gave me won't unzip in OS X, so I'd rather stick to one that everything can open.

Oh, absolutely. If you install (the free) Stuffit Expander, the attached archive should open nicely. It's a RAR wrapped in a zip so it uploads smoothly.

http://www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/index.html

You want a program that can create RAR or 7zip files. Unfortunately Stuffit can only extract RAR, not create them and it doesn't know about 7zip at all. It's been a while since I've been on the Mac and I don't know of any other compression packages that are still around. I'll have a rummage.

indy500xesubmissions.zip

You could try a Bzip2 front-end from:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8696

It's not quite as efficient as 7zip, but for these files it comes in at 19k. Had to wrap the example file in a zip again to post.

It's bundled with most modern flavours of unix, so there's probably already command-line support for it buried somewhere in your Mac, hence my description of the program above as a "front end".

indy500xesubmissions.tar.bz2.zip

Hi, I just want to say THANK YOU :!: to all the people that participate in the contest. I´m apologize too by the delay in the winners selection. But like everybody knows PC5 takes a lot of time :ponder:

BTW I did a special ROM image with some pseudo random :wink: selected tracks. Maybe you can found your tracks on the PC5 photo gallery. :D

The work on the program is over and I think that in the 4K will be space for near 18 different tracks and 32 game variations.

So Albert is selecting their favorites and I doing the same, so stay tunned to know who are the winners...

All the entries are really GREAT, so I think I will do more VCS2600 hacks :!:

Thanks again,

Gus

Sorry if my english isn´t good enough :)

Sorry if my english isn´t good enough  :)

Are you kidding? I live in Oklahoma and I know native speakers who don't express themselves half as well as you do.

Here's an example from someone I work with named Anita:

(Add really a bad Texas accent)

I seen him warsh them clothes over where he be at.

You have nothing to worry about Gus, so stop apologizing :) And I will definatly get any hack you put out!

-Tim

(or as Anita would say "TEEEEEEIM!")

Now if only there was a 4-player 7800 version of championship sprint that used the driving controllers.  :ponder:

Unfortunately the 7800 only has two controller ports, and unlike the paddles, the driving controllers are not paired up (so you'd need four ports to plug in four driving controllers). I do agree, though, a four-player Sprint for the 7800 would be fantastic!

..al

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know you guys are busy but could anyone give us an update on the final selections? It's been about a month without news.

We nearly have the final selections narrowed down, and we are working on the label and manual now. I take responsibility for the delay--Gustavo is now waiting for me to make my final selections, which I will do today. :)

..Al

I know you guys are busy but could anyone give us an update on the final selections? It's been about a month without news.

We nearly have the final selections narrowed down, and we are working on the label and manual now. I take responsibility for the delay--Gustavo is now waiting for me to make my final selections, which I will do today. :)

..Al

:ponder: :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Did we get a list of winners yet? I have been away for a while playing Sim City 4, Mall Tycoon, and working on my web site, but I finally remembered to check back in to see what happened, but I don't see anything here. Will the winners be listed in this thread?

INDY 500 XE CONTEST WINNERS

TRACKS (IN SOURCE CODE ORDER :wink: )

track1.png

By Yves Larouche

track2.png

By Chris Johnson

track3.png

By Ray J

track4.png

By Chris Johnson

track5.png

By Jeff Thompson

track6.png

By MoJoFLTR

track7.png

By Jeff Thompson

track8.png

By Rico Dones

track9.png

By Jon Stewart

track10.png

By MoJoFLTR

track11.png

By Jeff Thompson

track12.png

By Jeff Thompson

track13.png

By Duane Alan Hahn

track14.png

By Pato

track15.png

By Rico Dones

track16.png

By Walter Lauer

Congratulations to all the Track Designers :!::!::!:

Especially to: Duane Alan Hahn, Chris Johnson, Jeff Thompson, Jon Stewart, MoJoFLTR, Pato, Ray J, Rico Dones, Walter Lauer and Yves Larouche.

P.S. Soon the official anouncemet :wink:

10 PRINT "GOOD BY(T)E, GUS"

20 GOTO 10

Indy500XEWinners.gifGustavo del Dago and AtariAge have chosen the 16 tracks from the 274 that were submitted in the Indy 500 XE Track Design Contest. These 16 entries will be featured in the Indy 500 XE binary and the cartridge to be sold through the AtariAge Store. The three random recipients of an Indy 500 XE cartridge are Chris Johnson, Rico Dones, and Jon Stewart. In addition, every individual who had a track chosen will receive a $5 gift certificate in the AtariAge Store. You can view the winners here and view all 274 entrants here. Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who made this a hugely successful contest!

Currently I´m working on a old CoinUp game adaptation for the 8 bit computers. :?: :?:

But I´m ready for the next Hack and Editor for the belovad 2600, so if you have an idea :idea: just post it I or send me an email. I will enjoy doing more hacks if there are some interest ...

:wink:

Gus