IGNORED

East Coast Gaming Expo - September 11th, 2004

ECGXChuck

Hey everyone!

Wanted to let everyone know that ECGX is still happening.

We have now nailed down the date, location, and price structure for tickets and tables. Here's the run down:

East Coast Gaming Expo

Saturday, September 11th, 2004

The Inn at Reading (http://www.innatreading.com)

Reading, Pennsylvania

Price for tickets: $0.00

Price for tables: $0.00

Price for pizza: $0.00

Price for beer: $0.00

Price for soda: $0.00

ECGX's first event is totally free! Come for a day full of video games and fun, on us!

A few tournaments and some door prizes will occur during the show, so be sure to bring your A game.

Tables are first come first served. We'll be taking table bookings and ticket "orders" on the website in the upcoming days. Keep an eye open at www.ecgx.com for when that will happen!

On DP:

Man, it's always so nice posting on Digital Press. I always get nice comments, people are enthused about the event, makes me glad I put on these shows.  

Over on Atari Age I posted info about the con, stone cold silence... Guess that should be expected, AA/AGE/PhillyClassic are all almost basically one and the same anymore.  

Yay DP/CGE/ECGX! 8*)

:ponder:

Nice attitude, man.

Perhaps it was your choice of dates? I know I'll have other things on my mind that day than having fun.  :sad:  

Tempest

I think that date is a good idea. Rather than dwell on the tragic events of that day (and the constant news feeds that'll air that day), getting out of the house and doing something constructive sounds like a grand alternative.

I think that date is a good idea. Rather than dwell on the tragic events of that day (and the constant news feeds that'll air that day), getting out of the house and doing something constructive sounds like a grand alternative.

To each his own I guess. That will remain a very solemn day for me.

Tempest

On DP:

Man, it's always so nice posting on Digital Press. I always get nice comments, people are enthused about the event, makes me glad I put on these shows.  

Over on Atari Age I posted info about the con, stone cold silence... Guess that should be expected, AA/AGE/PhillyClassic are all almost basically one and the same anymore.  

Yay DP/CGE/ECGX! 8*)

:ponder:

Nice attitude, man.

What part of what I said was offensive? I mentioned that I always get good replies from DP and that I got no response here. And is it not true that AA/AGE/PC are very much so affiliated (AA/AGE is the same, PC is their sister convention). Thou dost protest too much. 8*)

What part of what I said was offensive?  I mentioned that I always get good replies from DP and that I got no response here.  And is it not true that AA/AGE/PC are very much so affiliated (AA/AGE is the same, PC is their sister convention).  Thou dost protest too much.  8*)

Your comment "Over on Atari Age I posted info about the con, stone cold silence... Guess that should be expected"---that was pretty offensive. And PC is NOT AGE's sister convention. You might want to get facts straight before you make assumptions. They are totally different shows. Talk to the organizers if you think otherwise.

And if you didn't get responses on AA, why are you seeming to blame AA and AGE? If the members of the site don't care to post, it's not the site's fault, sorry. Just b/c people aren't posting YIPPEEEEES! doesn't mean that no one isn't looking forward to the show, either. Yeesh.

Hey everyone!

Wanted to let everyone know that ECGX is still happening.

We have now nailed down the date, location, and price structure for tickets and tables.  Here's the run down:

East Coast Gaming Expo

Saturday, September 11th, 2004

The Inn at Reading (http://www.innatreading.com)

Reading, Pennsylvania

Price for tickets: $0.00

Price for tables:  $0.00

Price for pizza:   $0.00

Price for beer:    $0.00

Price for soda:    $0.00

ECGX's first event is totally free!  Come for a day full of video games and fun, on us!  

A few tournaments and some door prizes will occur during the show, so be sure to bring your A game.

Tables are first come first served.  We'll be taking table bookings and ticket "orders" on the website in the upcoming days.  Keep an eye open at www.ecgx.com for when that will happen!

I knowI won't be going for a couple reasons...

1) I live in Illinois

2) I'll be celebrating my birthday. :) hinthinthinthint

What part of what I said was offensive?  I mentioned that I always get good replies from DP and that I got no response here.  And is it not true that AA/AGE/PC are very much so affiliated (AA/AGE is the same, PC is their sister convention).  Thou dost protest too much.  8*)

Your comment "Over on Atari Age I posted info about the con, stone cold silence... Guess that should be expected"---that was pretty offensive. And PC is NOT AGE's sister convention. You might want to get facts straight before you make assumptions. They are totally different shows. Talk to the organizers if you think otherwise.

And if you didn't get responses on AA, why are you seeming to blame AA and AGE? If the members of the site don't care to post, it's not the site's fault, sorry. Just b/c people aren't posting YIPPEEEEES! doesn't mean that no one isn't looking forward to the show, either. Yeesh.

In case you don't know I am one of the two founders of PhillyClassic. David Newman and myself organized and hosted the first show together (and I also organized/ran the 2nd show along with David, Jeff, and Marc, and began organization of the 3rd with David and Marc), so please don't talk to me about getting my facts straight, I know a lot about the show. I also know that the two shows are very supportive of each other, while they are not directly connected, there is a strong bond between the two.

Was I expecting " YIPPEEEEES!", as you put it? No. I would have even taken "sounds pretty lame, I won't be there." I appriciate people's input, whether it's for the positive or the negative. Sounds to me like you're one of the negatives.

Sounds like you need to get your facts straight. Smiles. 8*)

In case you don't know I am one of the two founders of PhillyClassic.  David Newman and myself organized and hosted the first show together (and I also organized/ran the 2nd show along with David, Jeff, and Marc, and began organization of the 3rd with David and Marc), so please don't talk to me about getting my facts straight, I know a lot about the show.  I also know that the two shows are very supportive of each other, while they are not directly connected, there is a strong bond between the two.

If you knew about the show, you WOULD know that PC is NOT a sister show of AGE. Strong bond does not equal to sister show. That is faulty logic and a poor leap of an assumption to make.

Was I expecting " YIPPEEEEES!", as you put it?  No.  I would have even taken "sounds pretty lame, I won't be there."  I appriciate people's input, whether it's for the positive or the negative.  Sounds to me like you're one of the negatives.

Have I said something negative about your show at all? Please point me to where. All I said was that you need to basically chill out and not make rude comments and assumptions just b/c you aren't getting immediate feedback about a show that is MONTHS away.

Sounds like you need to get your facts straight.  Smiles.  8*)

I got mine straight---what about yours? Smiles. 8*)

If you knew about the show, you WOULD know that PC is NOT a sister show of AGE.  Strong bond does not equal to sister show.  That is faulty logic and a poor leap of an assumption to make.

Please excuse my poor choice of words.

Have I said something negative about your show at all?  Please point me to where.  All I said was that you need to basically chill out and not make rude comments and assumptions just b/c you aren't getting immediate feedback about a show that is MONTHS away.

Directly? Not exactly. I do take the capitlization of words as a strong show of emotion tho'. Your use of words that I would normally read without the need of emphasizing show that you have an attitude about what you're posting.

I got mine straight---what about yours?  Smiles.  8*)

Straight as an arrow.

/desperately trying to steer yet another thread away from YET ANOTHER expo/classic/con pissing match...

You only seem to care about an expo/classic/con "pissing match" going on if it concerns CGE or some other show your friends are affiliated with (look at all CGE threads here for example, you have a post in every one of them I believe). However when it comes to Philly Classic, you have no problem not only ignoring people attacking it, you yourself join in the fray (see also DP posts in that awful thread). So please do not play policeman on expo/classic/con threads unless you are willing to play fair.

And besides, no one is having a pissing match about ANY show in this thread. If anything, this is about intvsama making a rude comment about AA just because no one was posting responses of WOW MOM ECGX IS BACK ON, and I guess he thought no one from AA would see it on the DP site. (Note to intvsama: I am using all caps for emphasis, not because I have negative feelings about your show like you assumed before). No one said ANYTHING bad about ANY show, but you brought it upon yourself to jump into the fray the minute you saw what you perceived as an "attack" on a show you favor. All I ever said in this thread was how that comment that the thread originator made was of a poor attitude, and you guys blew it way out of proportion and made poor, poor assumptions that I was attacking your show! For cryin out loud, I even said that just b/c people haven't commented/responded to his post that that doesn't mean no one is NOT interested. :roll:

Incredible. I try to ask that we not go down this road of expo vs expo/website vs. website again. I ask that someone - ANYONE - be the big man and just shut the Hell up. And, once again, it's apparently impossible for some folks. And I've tried playing policeman as I'm fucking tired of all the he-said/she-said that goes on between some folks.

Hell, I've even managed to keep my mouth shut over my feelings about PhillyClassic, trying to bury the hatchet - or at least not let the blathering of certain folks get to me anymore. (There really was no need either, as Ruddygore makes my point for me everytime he makes yet another post.)

You know, this is just too much drama here OVER FRIGGIN TOYS AND GAMES. It ain't the end-all, beat-all of existance. It's becoming a bad version of West Side Sory anymore and I, for one, cannot understand how all of us got to this point. Two sides of the same coin. Two armies. A line drawn in the sand.

OVER FRIGGIN TOYS AND GAMES.

OK fine. I shant darken the doorway of this pit of unlikableness ever again. Apparently I'm in The Other Camp and am no longer welcome. At least, I no longer feel welcome. Which is a shame, as I was one of the stanchest supporters of this website and it's members for years.

And, as loathe as I am to make an ever-so-cliche comment:

"I'm outta here."

Ah, that explains why Tempest called it a "very solemn day."  :D  

That's not funny. People died that day. Innocient people who had their lives cut short just because they happened to be in the wrong place that day. If you think that's funny and something to joke about I really feel sorry for you.

Tempest

Nope...I agree with Snider-man. Inky's birthday is indeed a solemn day. Even if it wasn't on 9/11.

* Stirs the pot

Seriously, some people use jokes to deal with heartbreak. Surely you know that :ponder:

You know, this is just too much drama here OVER FRIGGIN TOYS AND GAMES
Here here :thumbsup: