IGNORED

3DO and CH Flightstick

Gunstar

I wasn't quite sure if I should post in modern or classic forum, but since the 3DO is ten years old now, my personal cut-off mark between what is "modern" and "classic.

Anyhow, after years of owning a 3DO, I finally got a CH products Flightstick for it. Now all I need is to find the elusive and rare MadCatz 3DO steering wheel! Well, this flightstick has lent new life to many of my 3DO classics. The Need for speed especially, even though it's not a steering wheel, the analog flightstick makes this game just that much more awsome to play and control, and 3DO Need for Speed still being my all-time favorite racer (the other versions suck in comparison-yes, I mean the Saturn and PSX versions) this is pure joy for me to play now. But also Wing Commander 3, Scramble Cobra, Flying nightmares, Starfighter and others are all improved drastically with the analog stick. Good stuff; if you are a 3DO fan, you owe it to yourself to get this stick, I waited far to long myself to search for one.

There are very few worthwhile games out there for 3DO.. I don't know how anybody can justify spending $50 on peripherals for a system that was dead from the start.. Take my advice: Sell the flight stick, and pick up some gameguns... MUCH better choice..

-Adam

I don't want to start a flame war here, but quite frankly, if that's what you think of the 3DO, you are an idiot in my book who has judged the system with obviously playing very few of it's games or you wouldn't believe what you do and the gun games ARE about the lamest of all 3DO games. Obviously you have never used the 3DO stick either since the games it works with are also some of the 3DO's best, and very worth while games. Besides, I payed $15 for it, not $50. Also, if I could get the Steering wheel, and 'The Need For Speed' is the only game on the 3DO that I know of that works with it, I would be willing to pay more than $50 for it, the game is THAT good in my opinion.

• Like 2

• 10 years later...

1) I got 2 fightsticks I got for $10 + $10 shipping each on ebay. One is a 1/last player model, the other is a multiplayer model. I got Super Wing Commander and Wing Commander III for it with my 3DO I found at a Garage sale. The 2 player version works well. The 1 player model has trouble finding the vertical center, no matter what I do with the trim fly wheel. Is it fixable by someone with only a screwdriver, a q-tip and 91% isopropylhol?

2) Are there ANY 2 player games using multiple CH Flightsticks, ranked from your opinion from best to worst.

3) what are good single player flightstick games?

1) I got 2 fightsticks I got for $10 + $10 shipping each on ebay.

I hate you..

And I mean that in the best possible way..

Unless you're willing to sell cheap.. ;-)

Congrats! Great find!

I got my 3DO lightgun by surprise. Was in a Goodwill and there is was for a couple-a bucks...

desiv

Does the original need for speed support Voodoo graphics? I had thought the first to support 3dfx was NFS2. But I could be wrong. I have a glide rig and a steering wheel, I should give it a shot.

"Another version, called The Need for Speed: Special Edition, was released only for the PC in 1996. It featured support for DirectX 2 and TCP/IP networking, two new tracks, and time of day variations for most tracks."

• Like 1

3DO Wing Commander III, with or without the flightstick, is amazing. Zero load time, lots of cheezeball video, and fun space shooting. It's super-awesome with the flightstick. It boggles my mind that no one has recreated this version on iPhone or something. Forget Star Citizen, this game is the best.

• 1 month later...

Is a CH 3DO Flight Stick fixable with someone with no soldering knowledge and can be done with just a screwdriver, a q-tip and 91% isopropylhol. I never really had that question answered, I just found out that ch-hangar.com doesn't let you search the word "3DO" (it's too short of a term, you need 4 letters) and have no other idea how to find what I need. Basically, My Single/last player CH Flight stick can't find center, no matter how I adjust the vertical trim flywheel.

And I'm wondering if there are any 2-or-more player CH Flight stick analog games. Wondering which games are good?