IGNORED

Fun with my O2

elviticus

Just got an Odyssey 2 not long ago, and have FINALLY finished re-doing my gameroom and set it up to play with it. My only previous experience with an Odyssey was playing "Alien Invaders Plus" on a friend's O2 a LONG time ago - he was the only one I knew who had one.

Anyway, Pick Axe Pete. FUN FUN FUN! I can't believe how cool this game is!! I've got several other games, but this one is a real stand out.

That's all. Newly converted fan. :D

Glad to see another O2 fan around here. Pick up a CIB copy of Quest For The Rings to try out. Make sure it's CIB or you won't be able to play it properly. It's a unique game that incorporates a real board game into a video game. Me and my wife enjoy that one from time to time.

The two KC games are also a must have if you don't already have them.

I bought an O2 last year along with a couple games, and a multicart a couple months later. It's definitely a fun system, especially for those who enjoy first-generation 2600 games. Attack of the Timelord! is another of my favorites.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that multi-cart :) !! I think I'll get one - if for nothing else - to play the one screen Popeye I've read about. I'm thinking it's not going to resemble the Popeye I know and love, but it looks really funny!!

I've got timelord, have to try that again. Also did enjoy KC munchkin games and will try Quest for Rings.

Kind of funny: a lot of people say the O2 isn't/wasn't popular and there just aren't many people at all who collect for it, thus games are easy to find and cheap.

Well, I'm not a devoted collector of O2 stuff but if I came across something I didn't have and the price was right I'd add it to my collection at once. So, while browsing eBay a few days back I spotted an O2 auction that caught my attention. Some really nice stuff there and some games I don't have, like Power Lords. Remembering that people had said the O2 isn't/wasn't popular I thought this set might just go cheap. So I marked it to keep an eye on it.

Hehehehe... take a look: AUCTION.

I have a sneaking hunch this sucker will push close, if not over, the $300 mark. Very nice collection of stuff but too rich for my blood.

Mendon

sku_u,

Quest For The Rings ??  I have that one.  It looks impressive and very deep.  Never took the time to try and play it.  You'd recommend it?  The one I found was sealed!  So I think I must have all the pieces.

It's a fun game to play with someone. By itself it's kind of boring. It's one of my favorite O2 titles.

I just got the 128-1 multi-cart today and was checking out the games I don't have. I have to say, I'm glad I didn't bid on the Parker Bros. games, because I'm not that happy with Popeye.

All in all though, it's great to play the games that would otherwise be difficult to get a hold of.

I'm a bit perplexed with the Pong game. All I'm getting is Squash and no other pong like game.

Anyone know if there are others?

I have a boxed O2 and several boxed/loose games, including the Quest for the Rings board game, that I picked up from a coworker several years ago. I tried it and got some amusement from it. Not really up to the par of the 2600, but you had to give it some credit for what it was.

I've been trying to get MegaManFan to snap up this collection, but he has been resisting my attempts. ;)

There is a reason you only knew one person who had an O2... IT SUCKS!!

I also knew only one person who had an O2 and he was the one we made fun of!

As for Quest For The Rings, it's pretty bad. You'll see.

The 1st rule concerning the O2 is collect it, but don't play it.  :)

Hello Troll. Your in the minority in this post. We like the O2. Pick Axe Pete, UFO, and many others are cool games! If you think Quest for the Rings is bad, then my guess is that you never really played it. So make us all happy and buzz off!

I just got the 128-1 multi-cart today and was checking out the games I don't have. I have to say, I'm glad I didn't bid on the Parker Bros. games, because I'm not that happy with Popeye.

All in all though, it's great to play the games that would otherwise be difficult to get a hold of.  

I'm a bit perplexed with the Pong game. All I'm getting is Squash and no other pong like game.

Anyone know if there are others?

I know the guy who made Pong. He named it that cause it was close to Pong. I do agree it is more like Squash that anything else. Decent try for a first programmed game though - plus it has voice, and recognized the G7400!

I have a boxed O2 and several boxed/loose games, including the Quest for the Rings board game, that I picked up from a coworker several years ago.  I tried it and got some amusement from it.  Not really up to the par of the 2600, but you had to give it some credit for what it was.

I've been trying to get MegaManFan to snap up this collection, but he has been resisting my attempts.   ;)

There's always hope. :D

I mentioned this AUCTION earlier in this thread and how I thought it would get around $300. Well the auction has ended and I'm very very surprised by the end price: $480.

I've never seen an O2 system with carts fetch anywhere close to that much before. Not saying that its not worth it to collectors; just saying that it is the highest priced eBay O2 system I've watched.

Who said the O2 is cheap to collect for???? :D

Mendon

That is a bit high for that. I can understand it reaching over $150 though because of the boxed The Voice (which is one of the rarer pieces in that condition) and the Odyssey Adventure magazines along with the boxed Master Strategy System games (All have a 6 rating at the O2 homepage), as well as Powerlords (a rare rated game). Plus, that appears to be the removeable joystick model which is less common than the hardwired one.

Loose Power Lords typically fetch $100+ a CIB copy might be worth half that ending price by itself! That was one really nice collection there, and it should be a breeze to complete it now that that's out of the way. The Magazines are also quite rare, they can go into the $100's for complete runs, so all in all that's not a high price I bet if he split it up he could have got a little more out of it actually.

<--- another Odyssey fan! 8)

Odyssey 2 was my first classic system, I got it from a friend who actually had two (one was his grandmothers', the other belonged to his older brother). We played it quite a bit back in the day. Good times :D

Aside from nostalgia, it is a cool system with cool games, and anyone who thinks Odyssey sucks is wrong (there, I said it!).

My favorites are UFO, Invaders From Hyperspace, Monkeyshines, KC's Krazy Chase, Demon Attack, Showdown in 2100 AD, Computer Golf...

Strangely, I've had my Odyssey longer than any of my other classic systems but I have the fewest games for it, except for my Channel F which doesn't work anyway. As soon as my tax refund gets here... :D

I've tried to get into the Odyssey^2 but I just can't. I have a complete collection (minus Power Lords), but I hardly ever touch the system. The big turn off to me is the relience on the internal character set. All the characters look the same, and all the graphics have a similar look. The intellivision was guilty of this as well, but to a lesser degree. The graphics are also large and undetailed which doesn't help matters. Still the O^2 has its high points, some games are alot of fun even with dismal graphics. I think it's one of those systems you have to have had to grow up with to appreciate.

Tempest

I got my Odyssey 2 at a computer show last month for $20 with several complete games (boxes, cartridges, instructions) and a complete Quest for the Rings with the board and all the little chips. I thought that was a pretty cool game to have just from a packing standpoint. Too bad that K.C. Munchkin didn't work :sad: I used to like playing that game. 8)

The graphics are also large and undetailed which doesn't help matters.  Still the O^2 has its high points, some games are alot of fun even with dismal graphics.

I think people who play Atari have no right to complain about graphics :P

I was an O2 kid myself, but the 2600 has double the resolution and 16 times the colors of the O2. Sure you have to play tricks to get as many objects onscreen, but they're better looking objects and the O2 seems to be harder to "trick" better performance out of.....