IGNORED

Collectors From Australia UNITE

BigFairy321

I Live in Melbourne

I mainly collect for the Atari Jaguar. So far I have 10 games CIB. Going for the whole set.

I also collect for the-

* Lynx

* Megadrive/ 32X

* SNES

Anyone who wants to trade/ meet up/ play some Atari, give me a buzz ;)

• 2 months later...

I'm in Canberra. I have original hardware but these days I just use the emulators a lot.

Old stuff I've got:

Atari 800XL. Bought new back in 1984.

Atari 130XE. I picked it up a few years ago for all of $5. At the recycling depot at the rubbish dump. Works fine, I've added S-Vid and audio plugs to it.

Atari 1040ST/FM. I bought one new in 1988 but sold it a few years ago, then was given one a while after.

1050 drives (standard) x 2. First one new from "Computer One" in Sydney in 1984. Second one for $5, same place as the 130XE.

ST Megafile hard drive. 20 meg, I think. Only used it a couple of times.

Commodore 64 + 1541 drive + 2 datasettes.

3x Amiga 500s

1xApple Quaddra (68030). Virtually never used. Boring system, I bought it off the bloke I sold my first ST from.

Various bits of junk of the modern era. Aside from the main Athlon XP2400+, about 8 PCs varying from Socket7s to 370s, most dissasembled.

South West Sydeny here.

most of my stuff is packed away as it was taking up so much room

but after the post christmas thrifting I'll probably drag it all out and make a list of

what I have and sell some of it.

:ponder: I wonder if there is enough interest in Australia for a classic games expo :ponder:

I'v always been dirty on those damn Americans getting so many of them :P

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being off-topic...

Does anybody remember an Australian company called Program One? These guys used to publish games for the C64 and Atari 8-bit computers. Specifically, I'm looking for information on Shaft Raider which was sold on tape and disk in 1982. My guess is that there were ads in Australian magazines of the time... Scans would be awesome!

Incidentally, any additional details on other commercial games written for the Atari 8-bit in Australia (either by Program One or other publishers) would be of interest to us!

Thanks in advance for any help :)

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just (maybe) a stupid question, but I think U guys can help me.

As a collector in the Netherlands, I can buy here almost everything I can think of, from big companies.

I now have a lot of stuff, like:

Videopac, CD-I, Atari 2600, Atari XE, Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar, Atari 7800, sega Megadrive, Mastersystem, Megacd, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Nes, Snes, N64, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS, Playstation, PS2, Colecovision,Vectrex, A whole lot of small collections, like a supervision, a Megaduck, Neo Geo Pocket and color, Lots of stuff like an odyssey 2001, a 2100, pong like consoles from audiosonic, etc.

I have about 1500 games for all this together (original and no dupes).

I got some store stands, Like the surf & play from Dreamcast, A Playstation, Stuff that are used for advertisement, Etc.

Now it comes, I am working on gettin' a visum to go and live in Australia. What can I find there, or should I take all this stuff with me in a container, together with other stuff..

Should I ditch this junk, and start over there again? Or just don't and have beer and barbies... Hehehe. Wanna live in Perth BTW.

Edited by kuifje76

KEEP IT AND BRING IT WITH YOU! eBay.com.au is where you will get most of your stuff in Oz and a quick look will show that prices here are very variable but mostly are going up, up, up.

Jag and 5200 stuff is very hard to find but 2600 hardware and games are very easy to pick up. Bricks and mortar stores that sell "retro" stuff are few and expensive, if you will have the time to trawl garage sales you should do okay for Nintendo and Sony stuff.

So come on over to God's own country and enjoy :D

Remember that many wonderful days and nights will start with beer and barbies and finish with beer and gaming ;)

As a collector in the Netherlands, I can buy here almost everything I can think of, from big companies.

Videopac, CD-I, Atari 2600, Atari XE, Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar, Atari 7800, sega Megadrive, Mastersystem, Megacd, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Nes, Snes, N64, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS, Playstation, PS2, Colecovision,Vectrex, A whole lot of small collections, like a supervision, a Megaduck, Neo Geo Pocket and color, Lots of stuff like an odyssey 2001, a 2100, pong like consoles from audiosonic, etc.

I got some store stands, Like the surf & play from Dreamcast, A Playstation, Stuff that are used for advertisement, Etc.

Now it comes, I am working on gettin' a visum to go and live in Australia. What can I find there, or should I take all this stuff with me in a container, together with other stuff..

Should I ditch this junk, and start over there again? Or just don't and have beer and barbies... Hehehe. Wanna live in Perth BTW.

Perth at the moment is doing very well economically. Its riding the wave of the resources boom and is likely to do very well for the next few years. Its a great place to live. I wouldn't ditch my stuff if I were you as you may not find a lot of it here. the OZ market is a lot smaller in Europe and it will take you a long time to build up again. If you have friends in the Netherlands that you can leave this stuff with that would be best as you can get it shipped down later if you decide to stay in OZ.

Collector from Adelaide, this is my collection.

:arrow: Atari 2600 - Jr System [pal-au], 40x cartridges, 32x are different. A couple crusty quickshot controllers although i just use my genesis pad. This is my main collecting focus for PAL games, getting games I enjoy as well as a few rarities.

:arrow: Philips CD-i - 220 player [ntsc-us] with DVC. Newly acquired, just 3x games not really concentrating on it too much after the disc tray broke.

:arrow: Sega Saturn - original system [pal-au]. Only have the 10 games I got it with and the lightgun, havent started collecting games for this.

:arrow: Super Nintendo - original system [ntsc-us], original system [pal-au], 8 NTSC cartridges, 3 PAL cartridges, Super UFO Drive Pro 6 Hyper Version with many games on floppy disk. The NTSC SNES is my collecting powerhouse I concentrate most of my collecting budget here on good RPGs and rarities such as kiosk demo carts.

:arrow: various cartridges from consoles i used to own or never had or plan to get or a combination - 2 Sega Game Gear games, 5 Sega Master System games, 2 Nintendo 64 games, 3 Sega Megadrive games, 1 Atari 5200 game, 1 Atari 7800 game and 1 Commodore 64 game.

if you want to see photos of my collection go here

Edited by Shroo-man

Bring it, but the freight charge might be a shocker.

Check our local eBay Atari list http://videogames.listings.ebay.com.au/Ata...ListingItemList

I usually surf there at least 3 times a week. 2600s are dead easy to come by, the common carts crop up all the time. Lynx systems are pretty common. XE (and other computers) are kinda rare - I got lucky and got an XEGS for about $30 - sometimes one with 3-5 carts and a few extras will go nearer $100.

Playstation stuff is everywhere, so you'd probably do best to just sell then rebuy - just keep some of your games.

I don't think Coleco had a great deal of success here, same for Vectrex. I've never seen a NeoGeo here, unsure if it was ever sold here.

The NES, SMS, and subsequent 16 bit consoles from Nintendo and Sega were pretty huge here so I imagine easy to find.

Coleco was big but everyone must have them buried in their garages as they are relatively rare.

You are right about the Vectrex though, I'm lucky enough to have mint system but they are going for ridiculously high prices at the moment.

XEGS were almost given away a few years ago, now the prices are higher.

I've been looking, but no videopac or odyssey in Australia, no cd-i on ebay, no vectrex on ebay, not much coleco (1), AND everything is way more expensive in Australia.... How strange, the living is cheaper....

I Better keep the crap then.

You know what it is, I also have some jukeboxes, other stuff that's way more expensive there. I think I better take it along. Even All my Dupes, hehe, can I make the first few months a living.... Better buy a lot more.

Well, started today, bought 36 gamegear games (some multicartridges, 2 gamegears, lot of other stuff along, like a converter, bags, batterypacks, etc.

Shemue 1 and 2, powerstone 1 and 2, and more,

a boxed gameboy -like new-, some games, like 2 zelda's for GBC, Super mario 4 (not a legal cartridge), and more for that.

A strange 2600 cartridge with switches on it.

Final Fantasy 8 for psx.

Yeah, I've been busy today.

Costed a lot too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, did some research, i don't want to buy a Jag in the L.D.U. Wow, what prices.

Wasn't videopac sold in Australia?

They were but in quite limited numbers as they never really took off. One went on eBay.com.au before Christmas for around AUD$60.

Prices are way too high at the moment, seemingly fuelled by a few rabid collectors/on line stores who seem intent on buying up anything at stupid prices. Two years ago people were almost giving systems and games away now it is quite the reverse. I'm buying games for all systems back to SNES from local gaming stores now for less than on eBay and without all of the hassles.

Yo, im in adelaide, 2600/ SMS / SMD / Commodore 64 collector.... although havent seen anything in the wild in my area for a while but im going to do a city wide combing soon.. so i resorted to ebay but now even that has dried up for me so i bought some new homebrews instead while waiting to find something.

Sorry to take so long to get back but I went away for the weekend.

No luck - the power supply is going to be a bitch to get, you may need to investigate Best Electronics in the States or try to lay your hands on a non-working unit with power supply. The output is 5V 1W with a unique plug. Mine states that it is for PAL 7800 although I shouldn't think it would be any different for a NTSC unit (apart from voltage in). I run my NTSC systems with US adaptors through a 240V to 110V step down transformer without any hassles.

Maybe you should post an appeal for an adaptor and get the questions answered on the 7800 thread?

As for the video cable, it is a generic RCA-type male plug at one end and a Co-Axial at the other, you can get those cheap at any Jaycar, Dick Smith, Tandy and I have even seen them at the larger "Bargain" department stores such as Trev's or Go Lo.

no worries thanks for trying though. I will try get one from the states which shouldnt be too difficult. ive already got a stepdown transformer for my US SNES - input 230-240V output 110-115V 50Hz. would that work? and is the video cable the same as from the 2600 or a different one? sorry im ignorant when it comes to electronics

The video cable is the same as for the 2600 (and anything with a splitter box, it's the cable from the box to the TV). The stepdown transformer should be fine.

Where can you get a step-down transformer from? I tried Dick Smith and was told they dont make them any more.