IGNORED

Beat Thrust Contest #2!!

bjk7382

I die a lot in the video, and I know the part where I am trying to shoot the reactor and shoot the ball 3 times looks pretty stupid, but, oh well...

Haha, tomorrow I will finally be able to watch the video. :)

BTW: You can disable the reactor multiple times (e.g. shot him 10 times and it will go off for ~10 seconds, after another shot it will go off for ~11 seconds, ...)

BTW: You can disable the reactor multiple times (e.g. shot him 10 times and it will go off for ~10 seconds, after another shot it will go off for ~11 seconds, ...)

I know about the reactor, but on the video when I am coming out of level 5 I really screw it up and shoot the ball 3 times or more (I don't remember, but I know it looks bad :D )

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else even trying to beat this?

Why don't you make the thread sticky? It doesn't look like an active contest to people

casually browsing the forum.

I'm getting better. I'm actually using a 7800 pad with the thumbstick. Amazingly I just filed

down the corners on the underside of the Dpad (nothing severe just a light sanding ;) )

and it works perfectly. Still not past planet 6 reverse...... but close :D

post-2352-1081777687_thumb.jpg

Is anyone else even trying to beat this?

Why don't you make the thread sticky? It doesn't look like an active contest to people

casually browsing the forum.

Okay, I re-stickied the thread and there was a couple people in the beginning of this thread that said they were up for the challenge. I hope others are trying also.

Still not past planet 6 reverse...... but close :D

Your scores are getting better, and once you get good at the reverse gravity the only other thing you need to master is reverse gravtiy and "deadly something" together. I personally think that the regular gravity "deadly something" levels are pretty easy.

And even thought Thomas isn't in the competition I still want to see some of his scores. 8) It isn't very often you get to play a game along with the programmer of it :D (although he still needs to make the 3rd mini-game to go with cave and splatform ;) )

Time to bump the high score up a bit

That video was a great help in getting past planet 6 reverse :)

And I'v found a minor bug in the game (don't panic Thomas :P )

If you start the game with the pause button "on" the game will play like normal

exept with the switch reversed .... thats not the bug .... the bug is when you reach

reverse gravity the switch will be read like it's meant to be, pausing the game.

This freaked me out the first time it happened, I though my atari had frozen.

post-2352-1081886761_thumb.jpg

Really?  

The second to the last number counts the rollovers. It will add a 10 to that last number for one rollover and 20 for two rollovers.

so your score of 49260 = 149250

I am sure thomas can explain this better, I even screwed it up when I first rolled it over.

What about the sound bug? (hold fire when Planet destroyed tune plays and the last note doesn't turn off .... until the next stage starts )

I noticed that, but didn't find it bad enough to say anything. If you tap the button a lot it won't even get thru the whole tune ;)

And I'v found a minor bug in the game (don't panic Thomas :P )

If you start the game with the pause button "on" the game will play like normal exept with the switch reversed .... thats not the bug .... the bug is when you reach reverse gravity the switch will be read like it's meant to be, pausing the game.

Yup, that's a bug (Brad already told me :P). Together with some other minor bugs we found, I will fix it and post the new binary to Al for a (silent!) update.

Chiping away at the score

I'm playing game 1 and 3 alternating so I can figure out how to navigate the harder levels

and get better at game 3's damn guns at the same time ;)

The dedly somthing is .... well .... deadly :lol: :D 8)

p.s - The end of the score is 60 but it's read as 50 correct?

post-2352-1082027091_thumb.jpg

Great score 8) I only wish that there was some competition here for you :(  But I have no problem with only one person participating in my contest.  :)

How about you just give me the prize now :P j/k

I just came very close to beating planet 7. I got the pod all the way up to the reactor.

That little dip in the middle threw me off and the pod started swinging too much.

I also reached mission 17 in game 3 and destroyed planet 6 just to see if it could be done ;)

post-2352-1082752299_thumb.jpg

How about you just give me the prize now  :P j/k

Nope you will still have to beat either all 48 missions on game 1, or all 24 missions on game 3. :)

Score is just a way to judge progress. And trust me, once you get to the end and see the final screen, it will all be worth it.

I just came very close to beating planet 7. I got the pod all the way up to the reactor.

That little dip in the middle threw me off and the pod started swinging too much.

If you are talking about mission 5, game 2, yes it is very tough to get the pod past that part where the first two guns in the level are.

If you are talking about mission 5, game 2, yes it is very tough to get the pod past that part where the first two guns in the level are.

I'm not that far yet. The dip in the middle of the horizontal corridor where you can't get

through in a vertical manner (like the rest of the level) you have to get the pod much more

horizontal and that leads to a lot of swinging and I end up hitting the reactor.

I have never even beat mission 6. How did you do that? I know the bullets go thru the walls in certain instances.

I didn't "beat" it, that "is" impossible.

There is a small gap that you can hit at the correct angle and destroy the reactor.

But there is no logical reason to do this exept to cheat ;)

I'm not that far yet. The dip in the middle of the horizontal corridor where you can't get

through in a vertical manner (like the rest of the level) you have to get the pod much more

horizontal and that leads to a lot of swinging and I end up hitting the reactor.

Oh, I know what your talking about now. That part you have to power it to the right (toward the skinny horizontal part) and the pod will swing upward, you have to power it just right so it doesn't go flying into the ceiling. Then once you get thru the small part (basically out of control by then) you have to turn back and power it straight away from the reactor to stop it from swinging. (And the pod can go thru the reactor, only your ship will blow up if it hits it)

I just beat planet 7. The part at the begining isn't as hard as it looks, you have just enough

space to take it slow. And I got it first try ;)

Planet 8 is pure evil. That door has to be the hardest peice of piloting in the whole game.

Flying through a space not much larger than your ship at high speed is no picnic.

Although I did get through it (total fluke) getting the pod out will be worse than hard.

When I designed it, I thought about some new, extra nasty challenges as a "reward" for those who took the time and patience to get that far.

Since this game is about 3-4 years old and I just recently beat Planet 8 for the first time not too long ago says a lot for the difficulty of it. (And I am sure someone would have said something about the "surprise" if they did beat planet 8 )