IGNORED

Unused Thread DELETION IMINENT!

Saikyo

I have removed the screenshot due to legal reasons.  No ive just removed it because i dont want any legal complications ok?

The most illegal thing you have done so far, is download that ROM onto your computer in the first place. I hope it hasn't been more than 24 hours since you downloaded the ROM, or it'll be too late to dodge the feds... You DID delete the ROM, didn't you?!?! I knew this guy who downloaded a pirated copy of Tetris... no one ever heard from him again! :o

Seriously now, you really don't have much to worry about posting an Atari ROM on this forum. You were already even a bit over-cautious by posting a ROM patch instead which didn't contain any of the original ROM data.

If Atari were going to jump your case over making a graphic hack of Space Invaders, they would have gone after Atariage long ago for posting the ROMs. And just about everyone who has posted in this thread would have been hit by now as well.

We all know it doesn't matter if it is posted, so someone that already downloaded it should post it back on here.

I would, but I'm not sure it would be ethical. If Saikyo is really this scared of a legal battle and doesn't want the hack posted for public distribution, then I guess that is his prerogative. :|

On the other hand, if you really want it, PM me and I'll get it to you. LOL!

Is it just me, or has it been a really weird week? :?

Saikyo! They are outside your door!! RUN!!! :o

Kidding!! I was only kidding! Um...come down now.

April Fools!!  Hey! Whaz happening Pedro!  Did I sound like a cop?  The reason I came over was...could I score a couple lids?  Oh...um...what's the matter, man?

mojofltr please im really getting depressed now ive had no sleep and probably wont get any unless u dont stop

:???:

I don't really know what the problem is, but it is nothing to get so worked up about. Just go to my website below, it is filled with Atari 2600 Hacks and I have'nt lost 1 sec of sleep.

Check around, Space Invaders is the most common game to Hack. I have collected over 30 Hacks based on Space Invaders alone. I have never heard of one person having any troble posting a Hack. (Unless it is from another Hacker :roll: ).

I don't know who you are getting your info from (or how old you are), but this seems like a big over-reaction and some of the other guys are just having some fun with you(with you, not at you).

You're Space Invader Hack was a very well done job, it's a shame that it looks like we won't be seeing anything else from you.

If you want some black and white answers to some questions about hacking, you can e-mail me and I'll give you some info.

Thanks for the offer man ill just try to calm down so like your sure that IPS patches are legal?

oh well ive PMd tempest and the site administrator about this so if the thread gets killed ill probably start another :)

Thanks man im gonna try to get some sleep!

i said that i found the roms on disc and wiped them cuz i didn't want any one to ask for any more hacks all the roms i got were dumped my self but i have long lost the dumper!

Thanks for the offer man ill just try to calm down so like your sure that IPS patches are legal?

oh well ive PMd tempest and the site administrator about this so if the thread gets killed ill probably start another :)  

Thanks man im gonna try to get some sleep!

As far as I know, Patches are 100% legal.

:sleep:

thats what i thought until i found something in the law that says

"you may not make deritative works of publishers work without permission"

or something like that!

any way im going to bed ill reply tommorrow (today even but u know what i mean!) :) :sleep:

read the message at the top ive placed an official note to infrogrammes so if they want it removed it will just go

with a message explaining why or is that taito?

OMG, Saikyo, your like crazy about a stupid hack! Maybe you should enroll into a mental institute. Even if the RIAA or whatever would find the rom, they would have no idea who made it. So, Saikyo, even though I never saw your hack and stuff, I think you should put it back up, or make a text file with charachters of what the GFX in what location you changed. That wouldn't be illegal. I bet your having fun reading this thread with a coffee in hand, because a police man is watching you from outside your window and tapping into your internet and seeing what your doing. :D JK!

Ah...but are they ethical? :ponder:

Back during the Commodore 64 days I was one of the biggest pirates on the East Coast. (Captain Zap/BBS Forbidden Planet). When I look back at that, Yes, that was un-ethical. I was stealing brand new copy-righted content and distibuting it for financial gain.

With Hacking, I have stated all along that I do it for fun and not for financial gain. Each Hack that I have released on cart was actually done as a financial loss. Along the way I have stepped on a few toes of other Hackers but I have gone out of my way to seek their OK after building on their previous work. I would never release a Hack of a new ORIGINAL Homebrew out of respect for the author ( who is most likely a member of this community at AA). I do have Hacks of most of the Homebrew games for my personal use, but will not release them.

If an author of an old Atari game asked me to pull a hack of their game, then I would do it immediately. Rob Fulop of Demon Attack fame is my favorite progammer of the Atari era, when I was doing my first ever Hack Extinction! I tried to get an OK from him before releasing it and never recieved a reply. So you see, it's all Rob's fault for not stoping me at the very beginning!! :)

Man I rambled a little bit there...

Hacking. Is it un-ethical? Maybe in a few cases. Over-all it's just more of a gray area.

BTW. I do own original copies of all of the games I have hacked. I no longer pirate software and probably have one of the largest original game collections around.

mojofltr please im really getting depressed now ive had no sleep and probably wont get any unless u dont stop

Dammit! I just shot tropical punch all over my monitor! :lolblue:

I would have had to start distributing the ROM to stop, wouldn't I?... Silly rabbit. Now run off and get some sleep. You'll need it if you are going to get up in time to maintain your 46.5 posts/day record!

Please delete me this thread mojofltr is saying he will distribute my hack without my consent as i have removed it due to legal reasons please if you read this just remove it now before i die with stress i wish i had never posted it in the first place but you see if mojofltr distributes this hack that i removed the legal status will be that its my fault and i did not know that it was illegal in any way the reason i am posting here is that i have e-mailed already and got no response also i dont know if you can do this or not but could you please monitor mojofltrs PM as he said that if any one wants it to PM him please i am really worried and i did not mean to do any thing wrong also if any one else reads this i know you wont but could you please not PM mojofltr about my hack  

I Just Want My Life Back!

please im begging you  :sad:  :_(

Quit panicing, take a paxil, and relax. :roll:

You'll need it if you are going to get up in time to maintain your 46.5 posts/day record!

That is why I think he did all of this. If you recall this thread started by him asking if it was legal. If anyone had half of a brain they would just post it off the start and not think about it. It is only a troll that would ask stupid questions and then continue to act all worried just to get more attention.