IGNORED

Star Wars autographed cartridge contest

khryssun

Definitely this weekend, and our apologies for not having the results sooner.

I've been very busy as of late and haven't had as much time to devote to AtariAge as I'd like. That'll soon change, though, as I'm about to change jobs where I'll be working part-time (working on a PS2 game!) instead of full-time (working at TiVo!) This will allow me to spend considerably more time working on AtariAge. We have all sorts of great things planned!

..Al

quote:

are you guys ever gonna put up all the stuff I posted on the 7800 board?

some of it's been up here since you guys changed over from the Nexus... including good scans of the Yars Revenge comic...

My apologies for not getting those items online. I have a large backlog of scans that need to go up on the site, including yours. I'll get all the manuals and boxes you scanned online this weekend. I'm not sure what to do with Yars' Revenge yet. What I'd like to do is have a section for *ALL* the various Atari comics created by DC Comics (Yars' Revenge, Centipede, Atari Force, Swordquest, etc.) here on AtariAge. That means I have a considerable amount of scanning to do, and I'm working on another project for AtariAge I need to finish first. After I'm done with that one, then I can concentrate on the comics.

Again, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I'll soon have considerably more time to devote to the site. With any luck, fewer items will fall through the cracks.

Thanks,

..Al

Blackjax -

I've put your MotorPsycho box scan online and found that I already had scanned a 7800 Centipede manual (but will use yours in the future!) I gave a more thorough explanation in this thread:

Topic: Fresh off the scanner...!

The Yars' Revenge scan I'll use when I work on a DC Comics section and the cool 7800 Poster Catalog will get used very soon. You wouldn't happen to have the other side to that poster, would you? As for the 7800 Warranty Card, I'll probably create a page for all of those someday also (as I have a ton of them, especially for the 2600, that need to be scanned in!)

Thanks again,

..Al

Scans rock.

I absolutely luv em as it's a great way to share classic gaming mags and literature etc. for people who like to read this stuff but might not have have an existing collection or the desire to plunk down $$ for the occasional ebay sale...

I was lucky enough to be obsessed with reading about video games since I was a kid so I have a pretty respectable collection of mags and books.... Now all I need is a scanner of my own

NE1.gif

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

i never got replies to questions about the contest, so i haven't sent my contributíon ... please let us know when th next contest is online ...

greetings

fish

Jahfish,

I replied to your message about whether the contest was over or not. Did you not receive that? We'll have more in the future.

Congratulations, Russ!

I can't think of a more deserving member of the 2600 community to get the autographed cart. Interesting stuff reading the correspondence Russ had with the manufacturers back "in the day!" It makes me want to break out my old letters to read them again.

Thanks for more great new content, as well, Albert and Alex! There seems to always be more new stuff popping up on the site - and I love to see it all. (Now I can really see how you need that 300 megs of disk space - I hope you can find it soon, and can keep on expanding your archives!)