IGNORED

Pitfall II: Hack or patch to start in Lost Caverns?

ballyalley

I'm currently playing Pitfall II and I'm leaving my machine on so that I don't lose where I am (the Lost Caverns, which is the second part of the game). Is there a hack or patch to begin in the Lost Caverns? The last time that I played Pitfall II, I had to leave my machine on for six days... I don't want to have to do that again.

Adam

I'm currently playing Pitfall II and I'm leaving my machine on so that I don't lose where I am (the Lost Caverns, which is the second part of the game).  Is there a hack or patch to begin in the Lost Caverns?  The last time that I played Pitfall II, I had to leave my machine on for six days... I don't want to have to do that again.

Adam

Hi,

I made a quick and dirty hack for you.

Now your are land (yep really land :)) near the golden rope.

I only did a quick test, just try it out.

Hope it helps.

pitfall2.zip

• Like 2

WOW! Let's just say that this Atari 8-bit group get a little more activity than the Astrocade group-- I'm not used to that! I'll try out the change to Pitfall II and see how it works. Maybe I'll use an emulator, but I really prefer the hardware.

I had the Atari on for six days, but that didn't mean that I PLAYED it that long. However, it may as well have meant that- as when I'm going through the condors and "wacky" bats (and STUPID jumping frogs!) I have a tough time. Hey, I like classic games... I never claimed that I was any good at them.

Adam

• Like 1

great!!! last time i needed approx. 20 minutes to complete the 1st cave...

and i got lost in the 2nd one... it's really hard there...

great "hack"... what about a "professional trained" version? ;) of course with cracktro at the beginning... (RMT of course... and G2F logo...) this would be the 1st "cracked" version of a game for ages...

what about other trainers? what else do you want to have?any special queries?

• 14 years later...